Pizza Design Srl

17 Circonvallazione Cornelia, Rome, Italy

Pizza Design Srl Rome Reviews

callmechia callmech…
Unbelievable Kebab in residential Rome. Mar 05, 2008
If you've been to Rome lately, you'll know that the Italians like their Kebab. And if you've been to Pizza Design, it's likely you'll never look at Kebab in the same way again.

I cannot begin to describe my love for Pizza Design. It is the most amazing food ever and it's not even expensive. Ok, ok. Calm down, stop salivating, and give the people a review.

First off, it's a small-ish, modern looking, clean little restaurant (I believe it's run by Syrians) right outside of the Cornelia metro stop. Like all Roman pizzerias, they sell their pizzas by weight, so you can go in and get 100 grams of this, 100 grams of that, etc, and pay a flat price.

Their pizza is always amazing, different flavors every day, depending on what is freshest. They have tricolore, seafood, tomato/basil/fresh mozzarella...all different kinds, always looking fresh, green, and delicious.

However, we're really here to talk about the kebabs. Although the name says Pizza, the kebabs are where it's at! The meat they use is not the usual overseasoned gyro ground-up lamb paste that is formed into a log shape, no way. The lamb at Pizza Design is actual visible layers of real solid lamb meat, interspersed with thin layers of red bell pepper, so that it keeps the meat moist while imparting a delicious flavor. At the top of the roasting spit are different kinds of fruit- the heat releases the essences of the fruit and it therefore drips down and flavors the meat. SO delicious.

The wraps are more like soft flatbread (think Gordita) than pita or tortilla, and they warm them up for you on a giant metal drum thing.

But here's the best part - there is a smorgasbord of things you can choose to make-your-own-kebab, which, like the pizza, is a different selection everyday! In every other kebab joint I've been to, even the good ones, they have a selection of lettuce, tomato, onion. MAYBE they have some kind of slaw or relish. That's it. But! At Pizza Design, there are all different kinds of lettuces, tomato, and onion. They have tomato and cucumber salad, roasted eggplant or zucchini, falafel, babaghanoush, spicy pickled peppers, hummus, loads of different things.

Part of the selection is "food", presented in pans and set up like a cafeteria; mediterranean specialties, curried chicken and rice, etc...but they're right alongside the fixin's for the wraps- so basically whatever they have displayed, you can put in your sandwich.

They top it off with a creamy white sauce and a spicy red harissa sauce (I always got extra of that). Then, get a beer or a fanta from behind the cassa, and you're good to go.

I went in there so many times they knew me by name, I'd say at least once... maybe twice... a week! They are all super friendly and go out of their way to make you a great sandwich!

The whole thing will cost you about 10 euro, drink included.

I absolutely cannot praise Pizza Design enough. It's one of the top 5 places I've ever eaten in my life. You have never had a kebab until you've had Pizza Design. This is probably my highest recommended restaurant in Rome (!), and for my money, truly worth travelling for.
callmechia says:
Seriously I would give it 6 stars if I could.
Posted on: Sep 05, 2009
mfas2000 says:
Hey Callmec

thanks ofr the review..I can smell and feel the taste of the Kebab already..Hope we will be able to find easily (our first time there)...
Posted on: Aug 11, 2008
travelman727 says:
Tremendous review! I will definitely dine at Pizza Design on my next trip to remarkable Roma :-D
Posted on: Mar 07, 2008