Pix Pintxos

Pix Pintxos - Inside

Pix Pintxos London Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great concept and great food Jul 07, 2013
While I was walking around in London after the two huge TB meet-ups I by mistake ended up in Neal Street again. Last time I was in London I stayed close to this place but I ended there again. I was getting pretty hungry as I passed on the breakfast in my hotel and walking the street brought me to to the nice Spanish restaurant of Pix Pintxos, where I decided to enter after looking at the menu.

Pix Pintxos is inspired by the pintxo bars of Barcelona and San Sebastian, Pintxos (pronounced peen-chos, meaning ‘thorn’ or ‘spike’) are a kind of Basque-country bar snack, held together by a skewer and served in a shot glass, ramekin dish, or on crusty bread. There’s no menu or ordering involved; you just grab a plate and help yourself to what your eyes choose in the wide selection of mouth-watering dishes displayed across the bar. All pintxos are priced at either £1.95 (indicated by a shorter skewer) or £2.95 (for a longer one). I had no knowledge of the concept when I walked in, but a friendly waiter explained it to me and I must say that the concept worked pretty well.

The bar has a vide selection of cider, wine, cocktails and cava but since it was Sunday and I was heading home afterwards I settled with a beer. The tapas I had were great and I can only say that I will be back at this place again, it was really great and I truly like the concept of tapas.
Inside