Pivnice U Švejků

www.usvejku.cz - 257 313 244

Pivnice U Švejků Prague Reviews

brooksawyer brooksaw…
Affordable traditional restaurant Feb 15, 2011
I went here twice! It's a really good restaurant but you can come here and drink a few czech beers with your friends as well.

I highly recommend the venison! It's really good and really cheap! The staff is very friendly (but there english isn't always as good). The plates are very big, one course is more than enough;)! Apparently, in the evening live music is played as well which should ad to the atmosphere(but I missed that).
Eric says:
Thanks for sharing your review!
Posted on: Feb 15, 2011
LeighBR LeighBR
Good Czech Food Nov 04, 2009
We decided to check out this restaurant because it was so close to our hotel. The concierge recommended it because of proximity and convenience.

I've read in different places that it is geared towards tourists, although there was only one other couple that was noticeably not from the Czech Republic. The other patrons that night were speaking Czech. I did not think it was all that touristy.

It's kind of a dimly lit pub atmosphere. It appears to be an older structure (believe it is a house converted to house a restaurant on the first floor) and the restaurant is layed out to model/imitate traditional Czech pubs, long wooden tables, chairs and benches. There was an accordian player that would come out at various intervals to play for the patrons. It did get quite noisy. But, I thought overall it was an inviting setting.

I think the entree which I picked might have been one of the best out of our group of five. I was very pleased with the potato dumplings, filled with bacon and drowning in kraut (bramborové knedlíky plněné uzeným masem, zeli). Since it was bordering on cold/freezing outside and I wanted to warm up, I also ordered a mulled wine (svařené víno). I really enjoyed this food and I thought it was one of the best meals I had while traveling through the Czech Republic and Austria. It's really hearty fare, and was perfect on that cold, rainy night.

I thought that prices were average. But, in consideration to the portion of food served, I thought that it was a good value. I was super full after my meal.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that wants to try traditional Czech food. I would definitely return. Everyone else in my party agreed - the food was good.
bramborové knedlíky plněné uze…

Check Prague Hotel Deals