Pits

445-5222

Pits Lima Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Picarones at Pits ;) Oct 07, 2009
Picarones is a traditional dessert here. They are similar to the beignets with a fruity syrup. They are made of squash, sweetpotato and deep fried. You dip them in the fruity syrup - very sweet but yummy! But you have to eat them while they are still warm.

Ok, back to the review of the place. This is literally a small corner. They just have 3 tables inside and 2 more outside. They are located in Miraflores and were the winners for best picarones last Food Festival.

They serve hotdogs and sandwiches, but are famous because of the picarones. We order 1 portion and it contained 4 pieces. They make them right when you order, so they were warm (maybe too hot at the beginning). I've tried picarones in many places and usually I don't like them very much because of the ultra sweetness, but here they weren't that sweet. In fact the syrup was so fruity that it was perfect!

The staff (only 1 guy) was very friendly. If you are in Miraflores (where most of the people stay), I'd highly recommend to stop at Pits and try the tasty picarones. They are very cheap too!
name
the picarones

Related Travel Blogs About Pits

Pit Stop
My first experience in Peru was the airport in Lima. My eight hour flight arrived at 11:45pm and I had a flight out at 6:15am to Arequipa. My father-in-law to be was suppose to meet me when the fl… My first experience in Peru was the airport in Lima . My eight hour flight arrived at 11:45pm and I…
Intermission in Lima
so, we bussed it south... it seems the buses are getting better. This one was 16 hours in leather recliner luxury... We are starting to realise that we are running out of time as Damien and Andy wa…Lima a pit stop only... long enoguh to buy new headphones, a new shirt and socks... all the important things…

Check Lima Hotel Deals