Pitcher and Piano

69 Dean Street, London, United Kingdom

Pitcher and Piano London Reviews

2win 2win
Sep 11, 2007
We have walked the streets of liverpool St/Bricklane/Bishopsgate for god knows how long, but we'd never actually step foot into Pitcher and Piano. I don't exactly know why, seeing as though it sticks out like a sore thumb, with its black exterior. However, i think it's because of the whole atmosphere that it presents when you go in. If we had been told about Pitcher and Piano before and read all the bad reviews, i think we would have just stayed at the George (even if if meant chilling with middle aged suitys). However, without knowing anything about it, we decided to pop in. The decor was actually really nice, and the bar was huge....so we didn't have to queue up for drinks. Surprisingly i wasn't ID'd! That's a first. As soon as we got our drinks we walked around lookind for a place to sit...the place wasn't too full, but the bottom floor was booked out for a party, and the people on our floor were pretty spread out. So, it was hard trying to get a place to sit without having someone stare hard when we were invading their vicinity.

We did find a small place, and after playing the staring game with a couple in front of us, they left to canoodle elsewhere. I guess that means we won.

We didn't stay too long. The atmosphere was pretty dry. I mean the place has got potential, you just have to get rid of the stuck up attitude that everyone seems to express as soon as they walk through the door. I know the place is in Bisopsgate, which is quite up-and-coming, and it's not too far from central london, but that doesn't mean only suited and booted people with money can go to the bar.

I don't think i'll go back there...ever. Unless there was a shortage of alcohol in London, and Pitcher and Piano were the only bar in the whole of London serving...nah, fuck it...i'll still go elsewhere outside of London. I'll fly abroad if i have to.
sarahelaine says:
I get them muddled with slug and lettuces! And Edwards, and Lloyds No. 1`s... dhussein, LOL, been to a few places like that! I was in Essex for years!
Posted on: Dec 07, 2007
2win says:
yep they are...they've got bars all over the UK. I've only been to the one in Bishopsgate!...
Posted on: Dec 06, 2007
sarahelaine says:
They're a chain, aren't they? Coz I'm sure I had the same night in a Pitcher and... somewhere but I've never been drinking in Bishopsgate.
Posted on: Dec 06, 2007