L1-87

Pita Pan Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Pita Pan Jun 06, 2012
Pita Pan is a vegetarian Mediterranean cafe. My intention was only to get a drink, as I had an appointment at the nearby area (well, before going for the Harry Potter Exhibition which is in the opposite building. But when I saw their menu, I was tempted to try a bite. So I ordered their Half Pocket Meal, something like a kebab, plus 1 drink. It costs me around SGD 8.

I find it special and different from the others. The 'kebab' (as how I would call it) comes with 3-4 pieces of what I thought was meat, but since it's a vegetarian mediterranean cafe, I can't really tell what it was. Anyway, you're free to choose your toppings from corn to beans to onions, to salad to cauliflower to broccoli. You can put as much as the 'kebab' can hold. Then you go to the next counter and add your toppings - red chilli, green chilli, onion sauce, etc.

Although it's packed in a way you're supposed to hold it up and bite, I think it's better you eat it at the table. By the time you add all the toppings, it's be difficult to hold it upright. Otherwise it'll get a bit messy.

I find it very tastety, similar to the subway sandwich. While enjoying the 'kebab', you get to see the (how some call it) beautiful view of marina (while others may have already gotten bored of it). What I find it weird, is that there are soooo many joggers at that area. One part you'll see all ex-pats or business man/woman dressed up smartly in jackets. Turn your head a little and there you see joggers in singlets and shorts and sneakers. In my opinion it's not really a nice sight. But it seem to be a very normal thing there. Somehow the only feeling that came to me was "Pity the Singaporeans... can't they jog at the parks? Oh no... wait... any available land has been used to build sky scrappers'.

Anyhow, it's a relaxing place to be and nice food to offer too. If you have the time and a little space in your stomach, why not give it a try?
trippin_jen says:
Thanks for the smiles and comment Brian. Happy weekend!
Posted on: Jun 07, 2012
spocklogic says:
cute name - pita pan!
Posted on: Jun 07, 2012
westwind57 says:
Health freaks, those joggers :P Some of them are so frantic about it that they get too stressed :))
Posted on: Jun 06, 2012