Pita House

933 01 41 62

Pita House Barcelona Reviews

umbralwalker umbralwa…
Brilliant Scam, though I'm having a hard time appreciating it. Jan 06, 2009
My girlfriend and I were walking along the Rambla, one of the cornerstone traveler's roads in Barcelona, looking for something to eat. It was about 6pm, cold and rainy (in Jan). We stopped at a sit-down/sandwich place called Pita House. The menu looked expensive so we were going to pass when the touter in front pointed at their special. 7.95 euro for paella, 2 tapas and a sangria. We thought that sounded pretty fair and let him know we were interested. He told us to have a seat inside, anywhere we liked.

The waiter came by and we ordered a vegi paella, 2 tapas, a sangria and a sprite. When the bill showed up it was 35.36 euro. When we mentioned the special, they immediately went aggro. And I mean immediately. Like they were ready for it. "That's for sitting outside. You ordered from the full menu," they yelled at us. Outside meant across the street in the semi-covered tables. Remember, it was cold and raining.

My girlfriend, also a former server, speaks pretty good Spanish and is incredibly kind. She told them that we said to the person out front (who was no where to be found now) that we wanted the special and that he told us specifically to sit inside. They wouldn't listen and the altercation got to the point where we were both starting to tear up. Eventually the waiter told us that if we didn't pay he would call the police. So what can you do?

Tell others, that's what. Don't come to this place.

What made us even sadder was that the waiter had started talking to us and we liked him. We almost gave him our card, but the woman in charge yelled at him because someone looking at the menu out front walked away. We apologized for getting him in trouble and he made a face like it happened all the time. During dinner he'd told us he hated Barcelona because it makes him angry. I guess now we know why.

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals