Pirwa Hostel Machu Picchu

Pirwa Hostel Machu Picchu Rates and Deals

Pirwa Hostel Machu Picchu Aguas Calientes Reviews

JJguinness JJguinne…
Pirwa Hostel Machu Picchu Sep 30, 2010
Although its isn´t much more than a one-street town along Avenue Pachacutec, Machu Picchu Pueblo is brimming with touristic restaurants and souvenir shops.

Pirwa Hostels has two locals for the different types of travelers passing through Machu Picchu Pueblo looking for cheap accomodation, a low-cost Bed & Breakfast style hostel and a low-cost backpacker's hostel, which offer private rooms or dormitory accommodations. At Pirwa Hostel Machu Picchu and Pirwa Bed & Breakfast Machu Picchu you're sure to find the right option for you, so let Pirwa Hostels Machu Picchu make you feel at home with a friendly staff, common rooms for lounging, free internet access and wifi, free breakfast, hot water 24 hours a day, and more!

I stayed at the hostel and it served its purpose. The hostel was a place to sleep and shower. There was nothing memorable about the place, but it was clean and fairly cheap and quiet.
Photos from their website
Photos from their website
d2amy d2amy
Pirwa Apr 26, 2010
One thing is for sure, the only loudness in this hostel is the locals outside at night. Aguas Calientes is definitely not a place where you have to be concerned about loud backpackers out on the town. Everyone is way too tired to be concerned with that.

I´m currently staying in a triple room and its great. My favorite part of the whole place though has to be the shower. Amazing pressure, and its so hot! I´ve never been happier.

The staff don´t speak much spanish, but they are really friendly and try their best to help you out however they can. The internet use is free and it´s the fastest connection I´ve had in Aguas Calientes so far and I´ve been to 4 different places.

I´ve also stayed at the Pirwa Hostel in Cusco and I have to say I do love the chain.
travelcookies travelco…
Affordable option in expensive Aguas Calientes Aug 02, 2009
Our stay here was bittersweet, as some things were just beyond the control of the wonderful staff at Pirwa, but there is always room for improvement.

There is no way they could control a heavy rain shower knocking out power to the entire block for over 24 hours. (Not an everyday occurrence, we were told by locals, who happen to carry around flashlights at all times, just in case.) Even the namesake hot springs that share our block were without lights. The crews were working on the transformers we could see, and the town actually had lots of police-security patrolling around the clock to deter bad behavior. No lights made packing in our windowless room a real chore, and we would have moved, had we thought we could find a vacancy with half the town in the dark. In the end, exhaustion and the extra quiet imposed by the power outage affecting the TV in the adjacent room were the reasons we toughed it out.

Another negative was that we didn`t have any hot water for the three days we stayed. They were in fact in the process of installing a new propane tank (I presume was for the water heater) when the power went out. So I attribute the last 28 hours without water to the power outage.

My last negative was the noise and lack of privacy as the rooms are not soundproof with windowless windows above the doors. As we were right beside reception that had the TV going until 11, it was annoying since we were planning on getting up really early.

On the positive side, the beds were extremely comfortable with down duvets and blankets and nice mattresses. A light breakfast (fruit, roll and jam, juice and hot drinks) are served starting at 4:45 am so you can still make the sunrise at Machu Picchu.

We were excited at our `pick-up`from the train station, but it is really just a guided walking tour, uphill, to the hostel, but we would have had difficulty finding it on our own anyway, and therefore grateful.

Also don`t waste your time using the computer in reception as it is way too slow! There is a really nice cafe in the corner of the Plaza des Armas that has high speed and great atmosphere.

I would recommend Pirwa as a good value budget option in Aguas Calientes.
dougmi says:
Thank you for the review!
Posted on: Aug 02, 2009