Pique Vite

Montreal, Canada

Pique Vite Montreal Reviews

Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Costly Quebec fare Sep 13, 2011
Okay, I'm gonna try to write this review again, because when I posted it last time, for some reason it disappeared. :(

Pique Vite is a restaurant with several locations in Montreal, but the location I ate at was in the food court in the Montreal Commerce Center adjacent to my hotel.

It's basically a pizza place, but the item on the menu that caught my eye was poutine, which is a dish of french fries, gravy and cheese curds. This dish is found throughout Canada but was apparently invented in Quebec, so the province is quite proud of it. There are many, many restaurants in Montreal that serve poutine, and with a variety of toppings (with copious amounts of toppings, too!).

Pique Vite serves a combo meal with a slice of pizza, a bowl of poutine and a soft drink for a whopping $15 Canadian! Quite expensive for none-too-fancy food. :(

The pizza was good, and with a great crust, but otherwise rather ordinary. The poutine was very good, and it tasted just as you might expect it to. I was very glad that I finally had the chance to try it :)

Considering the price of the meal, I'm sure you can find better poutine for less money around the city. They just charged more here because it's the commerce center where many businessmen come to eat lunch, so they take advantage of the clientele. The meal was good and filling, but I wouldn't recommend getting food from here unless you happen to be really hungry for some pizza and poutine and can't find any other place nearby :P
Jamal1280 says:
Lol well I liked it, but it's not something I'd eat all the time :P
Posted on: Oct 08, 2011
Flyinhigh says:
I must say....the poutine does not sound too appetizing. But, I trust your foodie knowledge and will give it the benefit of the doubt when I see it on a menu. :)
Posted on: Oct 08, 2011