Pinocchios Italian Eatery

(303) 655-7777

Pinocchios Italian Eatery Brighton Reviews

SamsTravels SamsTrav…
A Cheap Bistro that is worth a look! Jan 11, 2011
When I fancy a cheap Italian, one restaurant in Brighton springs to mind (Pinocchio’s) Part of the Donatello group!!

Now there are some harsh reviews about this restaurant online and I’ve heard some appalling things in the past from friends about their service, but I in all honestly I have never had a bad experience! As such, I thought I would share my review of the restaurant with you and should things change, I will keep you updated! So this review is based on the last time I visited so I can give you a subjective and true review.

At first glance, Pinocchio’s is perfectly pleasant, donning the typical red and white checked tables clothes through the window and low lit lighting that you would expect of any Italian, trying to make the ambiance of the restaurant feel homely, warm and comfortable.

I have sat both up and down stairs and conclude that upstairs for me anyway is much more comfortable as the restaurant can get busy and the downstairs area is rather small. So firmly seated upstairs by two very welcoming members of staff and our drinks order was promptly taken. So far, so good. After browsing the menu, one very nice waiter informed us of their ‘special’ dish – meatballs with either pasta or rice. I thought offering an alternative to pasta was a nice touch, so I went for it as part of the set menu along with garlic mushrooms to start and a pudding to follow. The starter came out quickly and was, well, exactly the same as Donatello’s, as expected but I was pleased none the less.

The main course promptly followed which again was really nice and well portioned, the staff were maybe a little inattentive at times but overall it the table service was still good. The Pudding was next and again was what I expected from a chain Italian, but again it was really nice.

Overall, if you looking for a homely cheap Italian in Brighton that doesn’t feel like a chain restaurant this is defiantly the place to visit. If your looking for some special and amazing then really you should gibe it a miss. Overall I liked it.

Check Brighton Hotel Deals