Pink's Hot Dogs

Melrose and La Brea, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Pink's Hot Dogs Los Angeles Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
Yes, tender, juicy and jumbo hotdogs...excellent? Not really! Nov 02, 2014
I used the internet to look for hotdog places; "Pink's Hot Dogs" came out first on search engines! Apparently, most of the reviews are great. We gave it a try despite the warning of long queues.

Pink's Hot Dog is easy to find if you have a navigation system. Located in a low-profile neighborhood in Los Angeles City Pink's is wind up by people from all walks of life. When you see a long queue along Melrose Avenue; that’s your indication you've arrived at the right place. "Valet parking" at the back of the restaurant is a complimentary, but the guy there expects for tips.

Pink's hot dog place has come a long way; business started in the late thirties. The ambiance is down-to-earth and, nothing fancy except hundreds Hollywood celebrity photos (autographed) posted on the four corners of the dining room.

Expect a long line but, the good news is it does move fast. We ordered three Chicago Polish Hotdogs, Bacon/Ranch French Fries and a can of soda. They only sell bottled and canned soda not drawn from dispensers.

For almost $5.00 per hotdog; that is quite expensive. And to say that Chicago Polish (our order) is their cheapest hotdog!

Yes, their hotdogs are juicy and tender, but as far as if it is flavorful? I'd say it tastes a little bland! It is good but excellent? Not really.

We did not finish all three jumbo-size hotdogs, so we brought home our left over. My son ate it the next day, and I was surprised to hear when he said; "it is superb!"

I wish I ordered a plain French fries, and not with bacon. That was a bad choice to an already oily food stuff.

Overall, hotdog sandwiches are very filling; there is the good and fun vibe in the place, but one visit is quite enough!
Vikram says:
"Expect a long line but, the good news is it does move fast" which is really all we need!
Posted on: Aug 14, 2015
Caliber-A says:
so this was featured, di ko nasundan ah...anyway congrats...
Posted on: Aug 02, 2015
Cho says:
I've been there once with my family. I was told this is a famous LA fast food restaurant, but we had to line up for about 10-15 minutes to get the "fast" food!
Posted on: Aug 01, 2015
ajdennis1980 ajdennis…
Place to pig out May 11, 2009
Don't go here unless you are starving, then you can make the most of it.

The queue wasn't to bad when we visited and moved at a good speed.

The hotdogs are huge and messy. I had a planet hollywood which was great and Catherine a Lord of the Rings which was amazing! We also had Onion rings and they were really good.
Maui Maui
An LA experience... Jul 03, 2008
We waited for over an hour in a line that always seemed to be growing. I've seen lines longer than that at other joints that moved way faster, but I think the slowness just comes with the LA laid back weather.

But I didn't mind the wait because it was just so beautiful outside and I had a great time chatting with an old friend. (I think SoCal takes all the good weather away from the rest of the country) In the end the messy Ozzy hotdog I had (as well as the Martha Stewart I tasted) was well worth the wait.
The Ozzy Hotdog
David says:
I'll have to try this place out sometime.
Posted on: Jul 10, 2008
meetcoconut meetcoco…
Jul 30, 2007
They have really excellent chilli cheese fries! I'm not much of a hot dog fan but I'll wait in line for 1 1/2 hours to have a moundful of chilli cheese fries to scarf down.

Dining al fresco is fabulous especially with the great SoCal weather but I was a bit squimish with the fact that I was surrounded by people eating hot dogs while there were dogs around. People with dogs eating hot dogs--I wish hot dogs were called hot schpifits unless there were schpifits crawling around. *Squims* It's a visual thing.
jeffy jeffy
Jul 02, 2005
This is the place that one goes to if you're looking to pig-out on some of the greasiest yet most fulfilling food you've ever had. A Hollywood landmark since 1939, this tiny little establishment built its reputation by being a favorite eatery of the actors that worked at the nearby movie studios. Today, the walls are still covered by autographed pictures of pretty much every actor that has ever set foot in Los Angeles.

That's because they make some of the greatest hot dogs on Earth - these things are huge, delicious, and made of only the strongest artery-clogging ingredients around. Chili, cheese, onion rings, sour cream, bacon, guacamole, you name it. This place is so popular among locals that the wait in line is rarely ever less than 30 minutes long . . . an excrutiatingly painful 30 minutes spent smelling these magical gifts from the Junk Food Gods. I've managed to get there when there wasn't a line at all, but that's because I've been there when they've opened and when they've closed. They also sell burritos, pastrami sandwiches, and burgers, but you're seriously wasting your time if you don't get their hot dogs.

As you can see, I'm a huge fan. I proudly wear one of their hats often and my record remains at 3 Huell Dogs (two long hot dogs, two slices of cheese, and what seems like a pint of chili all in a bun) and 1 order of seasoned fries (Total = $14.25). And that didn't even include a drink. Free beer for anyone who can beat that.
jeffy says:
I just had some last night at 1:30 am and it was amazing, to no one's surprise.
Posted on: Apr 29, 2007