Ping Pong Dimsum

(202) 506-3740

Ping Pong Dimsum Washington Reviews

marksreynolds marksrey…
Little steamed parcels of deliciousness Dec 18, 2011
Ping Pong in Washington DC is our new favorite place for steamed dumplings! The interior is beautiful and cozy. Service was professional and prompt, but we needed to ask another employee to track down our waiter at one time when we wanted to order more food and drinks.

I marked this restaurant as expensive, but we spend as much or more on sushi, so maybe it's not so bad. I think we ordered 7 baskets, each has 3 dumplings, and then ordered another of the one we liked the best. All were very good and brought to the table as soon as they were steamed.

I highly recommend this place for some of the best Dim Sum in DC and we will diffidently be back!
Part of the dinning area inside Pi…
The bar area of Ping Pong
HuBison HuBison
Much better than I expected Dec 13, 2010
Wow! This was much better than I expected. When you walk in, the venue is gorgeous. It's darkly lit, but beautiful and dark. The seating area is in the middle, there's a bar on the right and a dim sum bar on the left.

I admit, I don't often eat a lot of places that require a reservation, but when I got there on a cold Thursday in December, I was placed at the Dim Sum bar because they were crowded and expecting more people (via reservation). At the Dim Sum bar, you can see the food being prepared (steamed or fried).

My companion and I were delighted by a wonderful waitress. If you go, ask to be served by Erica-she was super sweet, let me move my seat, and was perfectly accomodating without being ovebearing.

The dishes are all served in 3's tapas style, so each person can order 3-5 dishes at $3-$7 a dish. This allows you to share. There are a variety of dipping sauces and if you don't use chopsticks, just ask for silverware. We had shrimp and coriander dumplings, lotus root (which I tried by did not like), we had duck dumplings and coconut rice in bananas leaves.

The ambiance is great and I loved passing the time in such a great place. Ping Pong is recommended and is just north of Chinatown, so be ware of parking and just take the metro if you can (or be ready to pay out of the wahoo for parking).

I am ready to go back (and will make reservations next time).
kyuri18 kyuri18
Modern and trendy Dimsum place in Chinatown Oct 14, 2010
I tried this restaurant since I heard that this was one of the most popular restaurants in DC.

First, the dimsum was really nice. It was full of variety and I had difficulty choosing from the tempting menu.

The ambiance is really nice, very modern and trendy with low lighting. However, the bar area by the open kitchen was overcrowded, and the high table and hard chair were extremely uncomfortable. Even though you can enjoy watching the open kitchen from the bar, I wouldn't recommend you to sit at the bar.

Also, please note that they do not provide the plastic bags(for environmental reasons) when you take out. I had to carry all the dimsum boxes with my hands all the way back to the hotel.
kyuri18 says:
Oh no... You must be tired. Get some dim sum!
Posted on: Nov 25, 2010
sojourner74 says:
Aargh operating all day, now I'm hungry for dim sum !!
Posted on: Nov 25, 2010
jenn79 jenn79
Great Dimsum, crazy chic restaurant, and dimsum happy hour! Apr 06, 2010
I can't say enough good things about this dimsum restaurant. I was just glad it was within easy access to our hotel because if I could, I would have spent all my food budget at this one place.

Great food, wonderful sauces, amazing staff and fun/cheap happy hours from 4-7 and a dessert happy hour after 11pm.

Do yourself a favor and go, despite the strange name!
DimSum happy hour menu?! Have I di…
allanreyb says:
i love dimsum:-)
Posted on: Nov 29, 2010
KeikoCreative says:
Can't just go, journey too far already hehe:P Dim sum is always nice;)
Posted on: Apr 06, 2010