Pinegrove Ranch and Family Resort

Pinegrove Ranch and Family Resort - Rust on the heater in the bathroom
Pinegrove Ranch and Family Resort - Peeling wall paper in the bathroom
Pinegrove Ranch and Family Resort - Rust in the tub
Pinegrove Ranch and Family Resort - Yucky tub
Pinegrove Ranch and Family Resort - Good thing it's not summer, if I wanted to open the winter, I probably would have gotten attacked by the bugs
Pinegrove Ranch and Family Resort - Really?  That's my door hanger?
Pinegrove Ranch and Family Resort - When it snows at Pinegrove, it IS lovely

Check Kerhonkson Hotel Deals

Pinegrove Ranch and Family Resort Kerhonkson Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Disappointing return to a childhood favorite Dec 28, 2010
I was so excited about returning to the Pinegrove Ranch that I frequently visited as a little girl, but it was not as nostalgic as I thought it'd be (pouting).

Firstly, let me say, if you have a family of small children and just need somewhere to toss them, this place might be OK. As I have travelled, I think my standards have become too high. I tried to remember I was on a dude ranch, but some things were just below standards.

The front desk staff are friendly, we checked in and that was fine. We went to room and that's where the disappointment started. The were sections of wallpaper peeling off in the bedroom and in the bathroom. There was rust on the heater in the bathroom and because the tub floor was textured, it looked dirty. I opened up the toilet and the water was brown. We were told we arrived on the first day and I figured that the water was rusty from having been sitting in the pipes. I called the front desk and they explained that the ranch got its water from a well and the color I saw was due to a mineral imbalance-hmmmm.

The carpet didn't look clean and it had bleach stains and other spots on it. The walls were dirty and it looks as if something had spilled down the door that no one had bothered to wipe off. It was made even funnier that a tip envelope was placed in the room for the cleaning lady.

The resort itself slows you down. I am a mover and a shaker and it was nice to relax. They have Bingo, trivia games, bean toss competitions and the like, but, if you don't want to do one of those activities at that time, you are limited. The have an ondoor pool, mini-golf, an archery range, and I hear they have lazer tag.

The outdoor premises offer some options. When it's warm, you are probably allowed to climb the rock wall, but I was there over the Christmas season and I went ice skating on a lumpy patch of ice that the resort looks like they dug out and filled with water (so there are weeds coing up out of the ice and it is not smooth-making falling a whole lot more likely).

The dining facilities were appropriate, they offered enough options and sensible portions. However, our waiter should have written things down. As nice as he was, one morning I ordered french toast, he brought me pancakes. Another day, I ordered grapefruit juice and he brought me fruit punch.

I didn't ride the horses this time, due to childhood flashbacks, but they are available. Everything is pretty much included and you have to spend very little money once you arrive. The bar was fine and offered affordabel drinks and for extra money, you could sign up to play paintball.

It's a toss up. This place is family oriented and you might enjoy yourself, but if you find another all inclusive resort with better reviews, you should probably stay there instead.
Hmm, they said the water was brown…
Rust on the heater in the bathroom
Peeling wall paper in the bathroom
Rust in the tub
HuBison says:
Yeah, it was nice to slow down and relax, but the place was creepy, the lobby was freezing, and the waiter brought us the wrong food some days.
Posted on: Dec 29, 2010
vances says:
shame it wasn't as remembered...but always appreciate an honest review.
Posted on: Dec 28, 2010