Pierogarnia na Bednarskiej

28/30 Bednarska, Warsaw, Poland

Pierogarnia na Bednarskiej Warsaw Reviews

lilmagil lilmagil
Delicious, affordable, friendly Oct 24, 2012
My husband and I hunted this place down and it was well-worth the search. In fact, it's not difficult to find (just a few minutes walk south from Castle Square) but our map was the problem. The exterior is well-marked and there's a helpful map on the restaurant's website.

The restaurant is 'self-service' which means that you order your food at the counter but then seat yourself and it will be brought to your table. We were there particularly for pierogi, and they have a nice selection of options including meatless (though I won't say vegetarian, because I don't know the ingredients). All the flavors are available in full (6 pierogi) or half-portions (3 pierogi). I had a full portion of the vegetable 'brother-in-law' which was tasty, filling, and nicely served. The stuffing was potato, cheese, garlic, onion and spices. My husband had the spicy, meaty 'diavolo' flavor, and the a half portion of blackberry pierogi for dessert which had a rich cream sauce. We were very happy with the food! Along with two non-alcoholic beverages, our meal cost around 45 zloty. We paid with cash, so I'm not sure if they accept credit cards.

The staff was really helpful in explaining the menu and pricing; one woman spoke very good English and the other was more timid about speaking English but seemed to understand us. They were very friendly and courteous. We had eaten in some other self-service establishments where customers bussed their own tables, but when we asked where to put our dishes they kindly laughed and waved us out.

The restaurant ambiance is nice -- homey, clean, and cozy. There were two other couples dining, and perhaps 15 tables so we felt like we had plenty of privacy. According to the website they take reservations, but we didn't have any problem getting a table on a Saturday night in October. They have bare wooden tables and benches, arched ceilings, warm colors, and lots of charm. Nothing here feels like a corporate chain or a hotel restaurant.

The restroom was clean and stocked, even at the end of the evening. There are stairs at the entrance, so like most of the historic center it's not fully accessible.

Overall, a nice little discovery. I recommend trying out Pierogarnia na Bednarskiej for an affordable, simple, and filling meal.

Check Warsaw Hotel Deals