Pierogarnia Stary Młyn. Podlaszewscy sp.j.

28 Łazienna, Torun, Poland
www.pierogarnie.com - 56 621 03 09

Pierogarnia Stary Młyn. Podlaszewscy sp.j. Torun Reviews

HORSCHECK HORSCHECK
Pierogarnia Stary Mlyn Apr 14, 2017
When I checked TravBuddy for restaurant recommendations for my Easter 2017 trip to Torun, it was Pierogarnia Stary Mlyn which came up. I added it to my list of possible places for a meal.

On my first day in Torun I came across Pierogarnia Stary Mlyn in the early afternoon and as I was hungry I decided to give it a try for a late lunch.

It has rooms on the ground floor and in the basement, both well-decorated in a wooden style. Luckily I got a nice table on the ground floor not too far from the window. Interesting enough my waitress introduced herself with her first name "Agnieszka" to me. She was attentive and spoke English quite well.

I perused the English menu, which offers all sorts of pierogi (filled dumplings) in traditional style or oven baked. They come in small and large portions and can be combined with different sauces. I opted for a large portion of Lepiochy Burmistrza for 21,96 PLN. It consisted of 9 pieces traditional pierogi with cranberry and meat. To drink I had a large Tyskie beer (8,96 PLN). Before my meal arrived I got a free starter from the kitchen: baked bread rods with a sauce.

My pierogi were very yummy and kept me full until the evening. I really enjoyed my stay at the Pierogarnia Stary Mlyn, so that later on my trip I visited another branch of the restaurant in Bydgoszcz.

Directions: Torun's Pierogarnia Stary Mlyn is located right in the heart of the old town. It can be found in one of the side streets to the south of the main pedestrian street.
Pierogarnia Stary Mlyn: My large p…
Pierogarnia Stary Mlyn: My starter…
Pierogarnia Stary Mlyn: Something …
Pierogarnia Stary Mlyn
vances says:
Looks like the spot for pierogies!

:^)
Posted on: Aug 19, 2017
german_eagle says:
Looks good, prices are ok. Yum.
Posted on: Jul 23, 2017
aloneinthecrowd says:
Glückwunsch zur deinem Feature, Holger :)
Posted on: Jul 15, 2017
EmyG EmyG
Stary Młyn Jan 25, 2016
I recommend this restaurant for those who are really hungry and would like to eat in friendly and cozy atmosphere.

This place is said to be the best in town. I haven't been to all of the restaurants in Torun but Stary Mlyn might be really the best, yes. They serve here traditional Polish food and as Polish I was not disappointed. Food was really good. The menu offers many dishes but the restaurant is known mainly for its baked pierogies (dumplings). I took the very basic ones with meat. Dumplings from the oven were delicious. And huge. You can get them in two sizes - big and even bigger! Don't order too much, portions are enormous. I ordered my meal just for me and I ended up having enough food for 3 people at least! You won't leave here hungry, that's for sure. Three pierogies are enough for most, but if you ordered more than you can eat, they will box up any leftovers if you will ask them.

The waitress who served me was very friendly and helpful. It is a very popular venue with tourists and locals alike. When I will be back in Torun I'll be sure to visit "Stary Mlyn" again.
baked dumplings with meat
my kind of tea
Polish starter - pickles and lard
żurek
HORSCHECK says:
Excellent tip with brilliant photos. Okay, I have added the place to my must-visit list for my coming trip to Torun. :-)
Posted on: Feb 20, 2017