Pier 500

Pier 500 - Thai chicken flatbread
Pier 500 - squash ravioli with ham and cranberries
Pier 500 - giant cake with tiny ice cream (left) and big knife
Pier 500 - Brie and apple flatbread
Pier 500 - Burger (Santa Fe, I think)
Pier 500 - main dining room

Pier 500 Hudson Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Good food, great view, mediocre service Apr 15, 2011
Pier 500 is a nicer restaurant along the St. Croix Riverfront in downtown Hudson, Wisconsin. The interior is spacious, with windows over looking the river. The outside has a nice patio area for dining in warmer weather. There is even an outside bar.

We arrived after 7 pm and had to wait 10-15 minutes to get a table for 9 of us. When we finally got seated, I wondered what took so long, since we were put in the private dining room, attached to the main room, where two groups of tables were already set for 10. We then waited another 10-15 minutes wondering where our server was. We were just discussing leaving when another waitress stopped in and asked if anyone had been over to help us. After saying no one had been there, she looked horrified and then took our drink orders. It was another 5 minutes before our server arrived. He asked if we waited long, which we said yes. He didn't seem very apologetic. He took our orders and left. It seemed to take awhile for our soup/salad/appetizers to come out. And since we were tucked away, I think we were often forgotten. He was a little slow with drink refills.

While we were waiting for our food, the manager came over to "apologize" for the slow service. Yet he didn't seem very sorry. He just sort of stood there with a blank look on his face, no emotions. He was going to offer us a free round of drinks, but less than half of us were drinking, so instead he offered free dessert. Maybe that was because we mentioned we had a birthday girl with us.

When our food finally arrived, it was (almost) all very good. I ordered a Thai chicken flatbread (appetizer) and butternut squash ravioli. They were both very flavorful. I was told the cheeseburgers and fries, salads, and flatbreads were all very good. The birthday girl got a burger with a blue cheese topping that she didn't care for.

For dessert they brought us 2 slices of chocolate cake. We're thinking, 2 slices of cake for 9 people, oh how generous of you. And then we saw the size of the slices. They were the size of a small child. And actually quite delicious. It was about 5 layers of chocolate cake with a sort of chocolate mousse/fudge layer in between each fluffy cake layer. The size of the ice cream scoop was laughable compared to the size of the cake. But it was all very good.

So overall, the food was excellent, but we were very disappointed in the service. I have been there a few times before and had no problem. Maybe it was just because we were a large group near the end of the night and didn't have reservations. I'm not sure. But the restaurant is very popular and does get very busy, especially during dinner, happy hour, and Sunday brunch. The food was a tad pricey, but good enough that I would come here again to give them another chance.
Pier 500 entrance and pario
Thai chicken flatbread
squash ravioli with ham and cranbe…
giant cake with tiny ice cream (le…

Check Hudson Hotel Deals