Pie'n Burger

(626) 795-1123

Pie'n Burger Pasadena Reviews

save10 save10
Please don't eat here. May 25, 2008
I ate here based on it being the editor’s choice for best hamburger on City Search LA. Not only was the service terrible, but also the hamburger was at best decent. The waitresses were rude and had terrible attitudes. It was as if I was inconveniencing them by being there. I had better service at a bus station food counter in Guatemala City when I was backpacking (and I almost got robbed there). As I sat there, I was thinking to myself…do I really have to leave a tip? I couldn’t tell you how the pie was because I was so turned off that I left after my overpriced burger. Now about the food…the burger is good…for 4 dollars. Not for almost 7. Best of LA? Are the editors of CitySearch smoking crack? This place couldn’t hold a candle to Paul’s in the East Village in NYC(2nd Ave) or BurgerMeister in SF. In-and-out makes a better burger. In fact I would heartily recommend Wolfe Burger, The Hat and The Bucket (all nearby) in a heartbeat . Why this place is popular is beyond me. Just because they use and old cash register and take cash only doesn’t make it good. Don’t believe the hype. This place is sucks. I cannot un-recommend this place enough.
save10 says:
If you want to insult me fine. You come across as an idiot. You don't even have anything else on your profile. I bet you work at that hell hole. You SCAB! My review stands. That place sucks. In fact just to make you happy what I will do is copy my review and post it every restaurant review site I can find. Furthermore I will email it to all my friends. Twitter (check), Facebook (check), MySpace (check), Yelp (check), Trip Advisor (check). I will personally write a letter to Jonathan Gold of LA News and Review about how crappy this place is. Are you happy now? Avoid this place at all costs. I have never had worse service at a restaurant in my life. It was like eating at the DMV.
Posted on: Apr 27, 2009
nandosgirl says:
Maybe you should go back to guatemala and continue to eat at bus stations so you feel more at home. This place is delightful with superb food and atmosphere and its CALIFORNIA , Pasadena to be exact. so you should expect things to be different as it is not in a poverty country. If anyone likes homemade soft drinks ,food and pie, or an old so cal feel this is the place for you. CAROL is my favorite!
Posted on: Apr 27, 2009