Piedras Negras Posada

Check Piedras Negras Hotel Deals

Piedras Negras Posada Reviews

geokid geokid
Piedras Negras Posado Oct 02, 2009
This is a great place to stay if you cannot stay in Taxco or if you want an adventure. I discovered this place last December (2007). I was exploring the area around Taxco and was running out of day light and gasoline. Piedras Negras sit on a broad plan just south of a rugged mountainous area. There is a reservoir lake in this valley to support the agriculture. It is the most rural setting in Mexico where I have seen a John Deer combine. This area is covered with copious amounts of volcanic rock (black scoria). !!!!black rock = Piedras Negras!!!!! This Posada is a fairly modern 5 room house with a large living room and kitchen combination. Each bedroom has a private bath. The shower worked great, plenty of hot water. The owner has a separate 2 store home on the same property. This is a gated compound with the owners house closest to the gate. There is ample parking. Everyone was helpful and friendly. As I said earlier I arrived here very late and the sun was going down. I asked the owner where could we eat and he directed me a few properties south to his brother roadside dining. When we got, (just a short walk) the restaurant was closing. However, or host made arrangements for us and we were greeted with the best fresh fish diner you could possible imagine for a closed kitchen. Soon after we were served the owners oldest nephew came to visit with us. His uncle had called him and asked if he would visit with us since he spoke fluent English and could best communicate the history of this place. There is much to do. You could go fishing, explore for undeveloped Meso-American ruins, hunt for petroglyphs, go horseback riding and general rock hounding. This is a real gem of a place an should merit additional investigation. When I next visit Taxco. I will likely stay here and Make day trips into Taxco.

Check Piedras Negras Hotel Deals