Picus Cocktelería

Ha Ha!! Awesome. - 998/129-6011

Picus Cocktelería Isla Mujeres Reviews

Amanda Amanda
Apr 21, 2007
This lovely and casual outdoor restaurant is where Higton and I ate dinner the first night on Isla. It's right on the stretch of beach next to the ferry terminals along with some open air bars and souvenir shops.

It had come highly recommended, both by fellow Couchsurfer/Travbuddies Manolo and Eric, and also by their friends. While there is a section more under a tent type area as you step off the sidewalk, keep walking! There are a few tables down in the sand next to the boats, with the Caribbean literally lapping at your feet. For a girl from Phoenix, it's pretty heady stuff.

The mix here is Mexican/Seafood - and such fresh seafood it is... I had heard a great deal about their high quality mixed seafood ceviche, but ended up opting for the mixed seafood fajitas instead. These come without tortillas unless you request them (actually, I did request them and they still came without, but really you don't need them as you soon find out) and it was delicious. I even found my bites of octopus acceptable, and that's something I'm still learning to embrace.

I've also been told that the grilled fish and grilled lobster with garlic butter are both fab, but didn't try them.

Definitely a place to try while on the island; the food is really nice, but again, it's that table RIGHT on the water that is the real winner...
Keep walking and you'll reach the …
almacorona says:
I like your sense of humor!
Posted on: Dec 06, 2007