Picton Waterfront Apartments

Check Picton Hotel Deals

Picton Waterfront Apartments Reviews

sim1 sim1
Fabulous views over Picton Harbour Apr 01, 2017
Quite a few apartments with the name "waterfront" or "harbour" are for rent in Picton, during the shoulder season anyway, and I found it quite confusing when looking in Picton for accommodation. Some got great reviews, some not so. And I just kept mixing them all up, no clue in the end which one we rented.

In the end, it turned out that we rented the "Luxury Oxley One Bedroom Apartment" from "Picton Waterfront Apartments". You need to pick up the key down the road at number 21 Wellington Street, and then they will help you to get to the apartment and show you around. The lady helping us wasn't the friendliest on earth, so I got a bit nervous when walking towards the apartment. Oh sigh, I hope this isn't going to be a total disaster!

But as soon as she opened the door a big smile appeared on my face! The place was great, spotless clean and the views over the harbour were fabulous. No need to say that I ended up on the balcony within the first 5 minutes of arriving! With my feet up, a drink in my hand and just taking in the views over the harbour and the gorgeous views over the clear blue waters of the sea; I couldn't wish for much more.

Small boats going in and out of the harbour, the ferry the North Island approaching slowly towards the town of Picton, you'll never get bored of sitting here and enjoying the view. At least when you have a fantastic sunny day as we had!

The layout of apartment was cleverly done and the place was very well equipped with a washing machine, dryer and of course a dish washer. The kitchen was open plan and had everything you can wish for. The apparent has a dining table, and two lazy couches to relax and look over the harbour or watch some television. Everything was spotless clean. So, do I sound pleased! Yes, this was a great place!! The only 'but' was the interior style, which wasn't totally to my taste. But well, one can't have it all :-) And oh yes.... you are not allowed to cook fish :-( I do love eating fish, so this was a bit of a disappointment. We were quite surprised to see this house rule, as we for us it is a quite unusual restriction. But we came across it several times more during our New Zealand trip, so it seems generally accepted here.

I need to say a word of warning regarding the location: you are at the harbour front, where all the restaurants and cafes are, so there is a risk of some noise during the night. A couple of youngsters that obviously had had a great time at a pub were quite loud during the night and woke me up. It was a Saturday evening, so probably more nightlife than a weekday. Anyway, a bit of a sleep disturbance id a price you might need to pay when staying anywhere along the harbour front.

Final question: would I stay here again? A big YES from both me and my husband.
View from the balcony
View from the living area
The living room