Pickpockets at the railway station

Gdansk, Poland

Pickpockets at the railway station Gdansk Reviews

rolypoly rolypoly
Pickpockets in Gdansk, Poland Sep 20, 2017
Currently, we are travelling Europe and in Gdansk, Poland at the moment. Just sharing my experience and a reminder for others to be more vigilant, especially in the railway station. This could happen to anyone, anywhere. We got done yesterday morning outside the Gdansk train station, we tried to hop on the tram to go to Oliwa. Looking back now, the operation and commotion they created is common. What happened yesterday was one man tired to buy a ticket from the tram driver and he blocked our way in to the tram with his suitcase, whilst there were three/four people behind us pushing to get on the tram. Once they got my wallet, all those people behind us were suddenly gone, the space was clear and of course the main with the suitcase left the tram as well. We think they tracked us from the minute I pulled my wallet out from the backpack to buy the tram tickets from the ticket office. I noticed everytime I queue to buy tickets, always someone barging interrupting and talked to the ticket officer. It seems normal here to cut in or interrupt while someone talking to you. My advise to others and ourselves now, alert when situation like that occurs, even we don't understand the language. He could be the first link to the whole operation. It was upsetting experience but thankfully all cards cancelled and no damage, although there were several attempts to use one of the card. They had our cash about A$400, not bad for a day job! Yet another experience this morning, went to the police station to report the incident and that was another story to share. Will write later, we need drinks now ... safe travel everyone.
rolypoly says:
Thanks for the comments, smile back to you :)
Posted on: Sep 26, 2017
HORSCHECK says:
Thanks for sharing your story. Actually it can happen everywhere. That's why I usually have two wallets. One with just the pocket money and some coins for the day, which depending on the county is usually something between 20 and 50 Euro.
Posted on: Sep 26, 2017
itravel1 says:
An unfortunate reality that does happen everywhere!
Posted on: Sep 20, 2017