Picking a hotel/hostel in Europe

Picking a hotel/hostel in Europe Reviews

darkangel81289 darkange…
Random important info on hotels/hostels and dealing with taxis. Feb 27, 2008
Make sure when you want to book a hotel or hostel you know it is close to the part of town you want to explore. If you book a place to stay that is too far away your bill for taxis will get very expensive. But sometimes hotels will have buses that will take you to the downtown area. They depart at certain times only though. Not whenever you please. So try to to find a place that is as close as possible but without it beign a ridiculous price.

For example,

I stayed at the Marriott Barcelona airport hotel which was close to the airport but so far away from the downtown area that it would cost 25 euro each way, And that adds up quickly!

If you can't find a hotel/hostel that isn't expensive then maybe go out of the downtown area a little further than maybe wanted and take the metro. It's not too expensive but it can get a little smelly! :D

But just be careful where you pick your place to stay because you may be picking a place that will just be a hassle to leave or get back to.

If you need help picking a place to stay you may ask me on my profile.

I would love to help anyone out. I enjoy looking thigs up like this! :)
hotel in barcelona. hotel gotico.
ellie40 says:
I need help to find a place close to the center. Where do you think is affordable and close by? Thank You :P
Posted on: Jul 08, 2012
Europe_Is_For_Me says:
Hey lady, I agree with everything you wrote but wanted to add several things. Some taxis try to cheat tourist all the time, specially if you have been drinking. Make sure you ask for an approximate price before get in....I hate taxis but unfortunately they are a necessary evil.
Posted on: Feb 27, 2008