Picasso's Corner Backpackers Hostel

San Juan de Letrán nº 9, Malaga, Spain
Picasso's Corner Backpackers Hostel - making paella
Picasso's Corner Backpackers Hostel - Main floor, lounge area...there was a bar but never a bartender!
Picasso's Corner Backpackers Hostel - Main floor
Picasso's Corner Backpackers Hostel - Main floor
Picasso's Corner Backpackers Hostel - Vodka Ahoj time!
Picasso's Corner Backpackers Hostel - the view from our little balcony
Picasso's Corner Backpackers Hostel - lounging.

Picasso's Corner Backpackers Hostel Rates and Deals

Picasso's Corner Backpackers Hostel Malaga Reviews

ceciliavaldes ceciliav…
Cheap and very nice hostal May 10, 2011
Picasso's Corner is a really fun and cosy hostal. They have from one to 6 bed bedrooms, so you can choose if you would rather be alone or in company. I think it's a bit more expensive if you want the single room, not sure.. In any case the night is from 15 to 20 euros.

They have a really nice living room downstairs, where they have loads of couches, a few small tables where you can eat or play board games and they also have a bar.

Each night, there's a cook that makes different type of food, i.e. paella, burritos, chile con carne, etc. They have quite a big terrace upstairs and every Friday there is an argentinian barbecue (the cook is from Argentina), where you can mingle with everyone else from the hostal. They also have a few concerts on Fridays or Saturdays.

During the day, you can go up to the terrace and enjoy the stunning sun from the Costa del Sol.

Downstairs they also have a few computers that you can use, and if you have your laptop you can use their Wi-Fi connection which is quite good.

There is a communal kitchen on the first floor, where you can leave your food without any problem, and it also has a smaller terrace where you can enjoy the food you cooked.

There is either one or two bathrooms in each floor, if I recall there are 4 floors with about 4 bedrooms each. The bathrooms have all the essentials and there is a woman that cleans them everyday so they stay fairly clean.

The staff is really nice. They're almost all from different places and are all super open minded. Most of them speak about 3 to 5 languages. Including English, German, Italian, French, Dutch, etc. and Spanish of course ! Had a really nice time with them all.

They have a safe for each bed in each room, so if you need to keep some stuff safe you may do so.

I met some really awesome people there and had a great time. It's such a central space too, right next to a few visiting sites and next to a tourist office. The people working there also know a lot of nice places to go out or to visit, so don't be shy to ask them. It's very central and you're lucky because it's in a sort of alley so you don't get all the noise from all the bars in town.

It really is a very nice place where you can stay for a few days if you're in Malaga.
RB82 RB82
Just okay... Apr 30, 2011
I stayed here at the end of May 2010. The hostel was okay. It was different from other hostels I have experienced because some people rent out rooms for long periods. This made for a strange atmosphere. There were very little hostel activities, which may have been because it wasn't tourist season. The chef made supper and you could pay and eat with them, though it all seemed awkward and uncomfortable. Also, the people working at the hostel could have been more approachable. The hostel was centrally located and very clean.
Sarah_167 Sarah_167
Nice, clean hostel Nov 09, 2008
Picasso's corner in Malaga was a pretty good find. When my friend and I arrived in Malaga, we didn't have a place to stay and stumbled upon this hostel. It was very clean and the receptionist squeezed us into the two last empty beds. It's a pretty popular place to stay though, so I recommend making reservations beforehand-- it was just luck that we could stay on such short notice. The hostel was 22 euros a night, which is a pretty average price. Breakfast was included but don't expect much!! Some loaves of bread with a jar of jam, and coffee grinds if you feel up to making some yourself. Internet access was included and there were two computers in front of reception, however around dinner and at night there was usually a wait to get on them. There was a safety deposit box in the room for your use at no extra cost. Towels and laundry facilities were available at an extra cost but the washing machine was broken when I went. GREAT location, about a ten minute walk to the beach, 5 minute walk to a castle, many shops and restaurants within 1 min walk. I would definitely go back and recommend it to fellow backpackers on a budget!
Main floor, lounge area...there wa…
Main floor
Eric says:
Thanks for the review!
Posted on: Nov 09, 2008
JenniMay JenniMay
Picasso's Corner Backpackers Hostel, Malaga, Spain Aug 01, 2006
I completely loved this hostel. It was the first one I ever stayed in, but for the 3 days we were there it felt like home. My best friend and I let them know that we had never eaten paella before, so they threw a party on the terrace the next night and let us help make it. The whole stay was surreal and unforgettable. The reason I gave it lower marks on things like safety and loudness is because the whole hostel has a very open atmosphere to it, none of the whole, show your pass and then come in, kind of thing. Also, our lock box didn't work properly. Not to say that because of these things we didn't feel safe, because we did. If you're open minded and on the younger side, stay here. The people were awesome, and I still talk to some of them 2 yrs after my trip.
making paella
Vodka Ahoj time!
the view from our little balcony

Check Picasso's Corner Backpackers Hostel Rates and Deals