Picasso Museum

www.museupicasso.bcn.es - (+34) 933 196 310

Picasso Museum Barcelona Reviews

sherryshakarob sherrysh…
Picasso Museum Mar 03, 2015
Picasso's museum located just in the center of Barcelona. You can head there from Arc de Triomf by walking.

The museum located in a narrow street which has a beautiful church in the end on that street as well, worth visiting.

The museum offers interesting attraction to those who love art, if you don't attracted to it enjoy from the others attrachions which the city has to offer.

The museum present all of Picasso's masterpieces from the beginning of time, and explaine what's behind each one of them.

There is a big room from his childhood episode. The museum itself quite small, you can stay there for around 2 hours...like I did.

I really enjoyed being there, and highly recommended to those who like art.

Enjoy yourself !
justp justp
overpriced Apr 21, 2012
I have been disappointed with this museum. It was small and overpriced for the presented display. If you have little time and can pick only one I recommend going to Joan Mirro museum. This was a lot better then Picasso. I have not seen there caption in English when I was there in 2010. It was a pain for someone who does not speak good Spanish. For exaple Pottery - I do not know much about why Picasso's pottery and wanted to read something about his pieces. They werent very good so I wondered why he made them so many but there was nothing about it.
jdonado2007 jdonado2…
Great experience for anyone who loves art Jul 23, 2011
Albeit quite hidden, the Picasso Museum in Barcelona, located off the alluring Las Ramblas boulevard, is a great hub for people who appreciate good art and the oeuvre of Pablo Picasso. His sketchbooks and paintings are presented in chronological order inside a beautiful building, giving one the sense that one has been immersed into the time in which Picasso lived and worked on each piece.
Traceee Traceee
Picasso Museum on Sundays! Dec 13, 2010
I recommend to go on a Sunday as off 3 pm it is free!
knowledgebee knowledg…
Lovely Architecture, Provocative Art in the Heart of Barcelona Dec 09, 2009
This collection is a solid representation of Picasso's prodigious career. If you're looking for something off the radar of most tourists who visit all things Gaudi check out this museum. However, like all things in Barcelona there will still be a lot of tourists and some lines. I like to visit this museum early in the morning before the crowds descend upon it.
kristinasub kristina…
Picasso Museum, Barcelona Jul 20, 2008
Picasso museum is one of the places you have to visit when you get to Barsa.

It's situated in the center of Barcelona, housed in five adjoining medieval palaces in Barcelona's Barri Gotic, in Carrer de Montcada 15-23,and open from Tuesday to Sundays (including holidays)from 10am to 8pm, with ticket prize of 9 Euro.

The Museu Picasso reveals Picasso's relationship with the city of Barcelona, a relationship that was shaped in his youth and adolescence, and continued until his death.

The collection of museum include more than 3500 works and Picasso himself donated a large number of items. This included his early work, school books, academic pieces, paintings from his Blue Period and more…it’s hard to introduce him just by little review, so this is just my high recommend to visit this place when you come to Barsa and to enjoy in masterpieces of Maestro.
the Pigeons,
Ann_Hells Ann_Hells
Dec 27, 2007
I had wanted to go to the museu Picasso for a while, so I took the opportunity to go during this trip. We tried to get there early because I had seen some enormous lines some other times when I had walked past it. However, like always we got caught up on the trains and then found some people on the street, so we got there later than expected.

At first the line looked so long that we would have had to wait until night to get in there, but it moved surprisingly fast and we were inside in about half an hour.

If you buy the combined entrance (special exhibition + regular entrance) you go first to the special exhibit. This time it was the art that was in Picasso's apartment at the time of his death. It was really nice to see it first because you could see the influence of some painters in his work. He had a lot of African masks and sculptures which can clearly be seen in his Demoiselles D'Avignon and Las Meninas.

Afterwards you walk into the permanent collection where it goes in chronological order from his youth. I thought there should have been more cubist and rose period peices. Everything was very well presented though, with one or more rooms devoted to each phase.

The only bad thing about coming here is going out to eat after the museum. Every place around there is very touristy and not authentic at all. Frozen and reheated.
my sister inside the museum.
nyprne says:
One of my favorite places I have ever been. Time stood still. Cheers!
Posted on: Oct 19, 2010
superduperfantastic superdup…
Jun 03, 2007
Go on the first Sunday of the month! It's free then - and even if you can't schedule your trip around it, it's definitely worth the admission price. The museums surrounding it are also free at that time. It might get crowded, but the lines move quickly.

The museum captures the evolution of Picasso's work. While we did not go on any sort of guided tour, the layout of the museum makes it so that you are led chronologically through the various stages of his work.

I love how this one museum dedicated to one man could seem like a museum of multiple artists. Definitely worth seeing if you are interested in Picasso!
Grpablo Grpablo
Apr 05, 2006
Picasso Museum is one of the best museum I have ever seen: intersting, beutiful and perfect to learn the development of his artistic life.I go there eveytime I visit Barcellona.Il museo Picasso è uno dei più bei musei che abbia mai visitato: interessante e ben strutturato, permette di percorrere la vita di Picasso ed il suo sviluppo artistico attraverso le sue bellissime opere.Lo consiglio a chiunque visiti Barcellona.
travelman727 says:
I agree: the museum's great and it's located in a unique part of town.
Posted on: Jun 16, 2006
Owens says:
Ditto on that.
Posted on: May 22, 2006
Eric Eric
Mar 31, 2006
I think one of the best things about this museum is that you get to see a lot of Picasso's early works. Before coming here, I only knew of Picasso's abstract cubist works. It was really interesting seeing some of his early, more traditional sketches and paintings, and realize he wasn't completely crazy after all.
Eric says:
cool, i check that out, i'm sure there are similar things in SF.
Posted on: Mar 31, 2006
cynthia says:
his early stuff is really classical and traditional and it makes you realize that he does have talent...he started changing after years of doing the "training" stuff..you should look up schedule of events at museums you go to because they have release parties that are free to the public like LACMA 40th birthday which is today..
Posted on: Mar 31, 2006
peterbarkley peterbar…
Mar 30, 2006
The Museu Picasso was an enjoyable experience - I highly recommending visiting it. I appreciated the display of a number of his earlier works, which reveal the progression of his art. The Meninas collection was also quite intriguing - the manner in which he dissects and reassembles the work of Velazquez is worth seeing if you're an art fan.
OurWorldTrip says:
Great reviw, thanks a lot for that. I'll check it out when I'm in Barcelona :)
Posted on: Sep 18, 2006
davidx davidx
Great for me - disappointing for some. Oct 14, 1999
I won't pretend to regard all Picasso's work equally and certainly not to understand it all equally. This was the first time I had seen a lot of his paintings together. I have seen a lot since, including the Malaga Museum, which must surely be superior in its coverage of his life as a whole.

This Museum is concentrated towards Picasso's early work and at the time that suited me just fine! Just look at the address - : Montcada 15-23 - sound like 5 houses; correct but they are not any old houses. They are palaces dating back to the 13th century - though much restructured. In other words it's practically worth going for the building alone!

One note less favourable before we go in - I had to queue for some appreciable time to get in!

As for the works, i am no art critic and I suggest you look at http://www.museupicasso.bcn.es/en/ and click first on 'collections' then on 'highlights.'

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals