Picasso Museum

Malaga, Spain

Picasso Museum Malaga Reviews

davidx davidx
Great museum - mendacious website Nov 10, 2010
Betwwn my sixth and seventh flights to Malaga, the Picasso Museum was opened in a splendid building near to the vast cathedral.

Most, if not all, of the paintings are gifts or long loans from Picasso's family. For art lovers with a real appreciation of Picasso’s work, it is far better than the museum in Barcelona, which only covers well his earlier work. I must admit that (because I am better able to appreciate and understand the earlier work) I actually prefer the Barcelona.

The website may be more accurate on opening times than it was - I hope so because I tried twice at times it declared on the website that it was open, only to find it closed. I'm glad I tried a third time.
gmalagon gmalagon
Nov 01, 2007
A new tourist magnet for Malaga is its Picasso Museum, opened in 2003. Pablo Ruiz Picasso, possibly one of the world's most famous artists, was born in Malaga in 1881. A few years ago Picasso's daughter offered the city 180 paintings and drawings at a knock-down price. Personally I really enjoyed the Museum. The main part is housed in a large sixteenth century courtyard building, with a distinctive tower. There is a modern cafe/bar too which opens out onto a cobbled courtyard with fountains and flowers. Outside the museum are some of Malaga's prettiest old streets. For those of you who get tired of looking at paintings, there are some well preserved remains of Roman and Phoenician Malaga in the basement. Not many of Picasso's well-known paintings are here. But there is a good mixture, from small drawings to big oil paintings.

Related Travel Blogs About Picasso Museum

Spain: Barcelona & Gaudi
My last entry as my Spanish trip draws to a close, ends at the city of Barcelona. A few hours northeast of Valencia is the bustling city of Barcelona. The second largest city in Spain, Barcelona i…Malaga's Picasso Museum), we checked out Barcelona's Picasso Museum. Like in Magala, cameras are not allowed in the gallery…

Check Malaga Hotel Deals