Picanteria el Rey de las Hojas

Malecón Julio Izurieta, Puerto Lopez, Ecuador
Picanteria el Rey de las Hojas - famous encocado. The best!!!
Picanteria el Rey de las Hojas - outside the restaurant
Picanteria el Rey de las Hojas - fried shrimp

Picanteria el Rey de las Hojas Puerto Lopez Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Best encocado at Picanteria el Rey de las Hojas Jul 04, 2009
Eating in Puerto Lopez is cheap and best fish and seafood restaurants are located along the malecon.

This Picanteria Rey de las Hojas was part of my list of places to try. They serve lunch and dinner and also beer when it gets late, hahaha.

We went there for lunch and that was a really smart choice. The restaurant is located in a corner. All the tables are outdoors. There are wooden tables and chairs, so nice! The decoration is very colorful and fun. You can find different things decorating the place.

Ok, now talk about the food. I've been eating cebiche daily, so I thought it was time for a change. There was something I saw in 2 other restaurants: "Encocado" and was wondering what it was. When the waiter came I asked him about it and he told me it was shrimp with a coconut sauce. I love coconut, so I ordered it. Delicious!!!! Later Shawn tried it somewhere else, but this one was the winner!!!!

A month later, we came back for this winner dish and awesome as usual, hahaha. I also tried the encebollado mixto. A soup with fish, octopus and shrimp, very tasty and perfect since it was a bit cool. Great flavor!!!

Despite the place was crowded, the staff was very kind and helpful. Definitely stopping here for an encocado is a MUST!
outside the restaurant
cozy inside
nice decoration
yadilitta says:
yes, it's so good... and the encebollado tried last time was very good too. Yummy!!!!
Posted on: Sep 17, 2009
geerbox says:
I was laying in bed thinking about this encocado!
Mmmm, yummy