Pic Carlit

Font-Romeu, France

Pic Carlit Font-Romeu Reviews

davidx davidx
An unforgettable day Nov 23, 2010
It was a long time ago but I shan't forget it in a hurry. This, at 9583 feet, is probably the highest I have reached under my own steam - except in Peru. I got three of our children up with me.

We were camping at Orlu in Ariège and drove to Font-Romeu in Pyrennées Orientales. The start of Pic Carlit is near there. After some mainly grass slopes Pam was having trouble with a knee so she stayed down.Stephen, Rebecca and Guy, then ranging from 15 to 13 came on up with me. We passed over a long rocky stretch and then a rocky arête leading to the summit.

It was a beautiful day - the area being said to hve a wonderful micro-climate of its own - and the views were outstanding.

On the way down we looked back up the snowy stretch and saw ibex and chamois frolicking above us. As the light was beginning t fade, Stephen went on ahead to assure Pam that we were in good shape.

Related Travel Blogs About Pic Carlit

Pic Carlit
Font Romeu is said to have a very good micro-climate. Whether this stretches to the neaby Pic Carlit, I don't know but certainly it was a beautiful day for us to make the ascent. I particularly hoped…Font Romeu is said to have a very good micro-climate. Whether this stretches to the neaby Pic Carlit, I don't know…

Check Font-Romeu Hotel Deals