Piatti Ristorante and Bar

www.piatti.com - (303) 321-1919

Piatti Ristorante and Bar Denver Reviews

Eric Eric
OK, but probably wouldn't visit again Oct 07, 2010
After eating out in downtown our first night in Denver, we wanted to sample a restaurant in another area of town. So we decided to look for a place in the "Cherry Creek" area, a fashionable walking area with lots of restaurants and shops.

It was fairly difficult finding a good place to eat. Most places seemed remarkably average and expensive. When I go out to eat, I'd rather spend more money on something I know will be unique or excellent, or a small amount of money on something cheap and filling, but I don't like going in-between. If I'm going to pay average prices for an average meal, or even above average prices for only an above average meal, I'd rather just cook at home.

So since we couldn't find anything that really fit the bill, we decided to try Piatti, which had fairly reasonable prices, and just dine out with the excuse of walking around the Cherry Creek area afterwards.

The food was average and the ambiance was fine - warm, friendly, subdued colors. Slightly romantic in a high end chain restaurant sort of way. Lots of families and older couples.

I ordered pork chops, and they came out red (i.e. rare) in the middle, and I had to ask for them to be cooked more. Lisa ordered some whole wheat pasta, which took about 30 minutes to arrive.

Overall, once the food arrived and was cooked, the food was fine. But, if we weren't on vacation, and determined to walk around this neighborhood, I would have been equally satisfied with a meal cooked at home, as there wasn't anything remarkable or unique about the experience.

Check Denver Hotel Deals