Piato Cafe

(02) 4229 4499

Piato Cafe Wollongong Reviews

sherrybaby86 sherryba…
Great Coffee and Great Food - and very convenient! Oct 02, 2011
Piato is located in Wollongong Central Shopping Centre. It is a modern, upper class cafe, which offers breakfast, light meals, lunch, and dinner at very affordable prices.

It used to be a tradition in my family when I was younger, that my mum and I would shop all day, meet my dad here for a quick lunch, and then continue shopping. I still love to come here, even if I have no intention of shopping.

Although only a small cafe surrounded by shops, it can seat up to 150 people. It is split into two areas - one area more like a cafe, where most people meet for a coffee or lunch, and the other more like a restaurant, with views of Wollongong, looking down to Port Kembla and the ocean. Its location draws in most of its customers - when coming from the car park into the shopping centre, you have to walk past both areas, and it is also right outside Myer, a big department store.

Food is always delicious - I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. They have daily specials, and these are always so large, and great value for money (between $12 and $25). They also have a selection of very yummy cakes and snacks available. Food and coffee are also served very fast. They also have table service, which is something many other cafe's in the area are lacking.

The service from staff is brilliant. Over the many years I have been coming here, I have never met a staff member who has not been smiling and friendly. If they make a mistake, they are quick to redeem themselves, and always happy to help their customers.

I suggest on weekends and in school holidays if you plan on coming here for lunch to book a table, as it can get quite popular, and you may be turned away or have to wait if the place is full.

This is one place I look forward to coming to every time I come home to Australia.
piato cafe - wollongong