Pi Bar

Chorlton, Manchester, United Kingdom

Pi Bar Manchester Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Pi, and Pies Feb 20, 2010
Pi is a bar that serves Pies. That in itself is enough to endear the place to me.

And the pies it serves are pieminster pies! There is no finer savoury pie anywhere in the UK. I had left Bristol with a heavy heart, assuming that pieminster pies were left behind me, but here they are in the North too! Pieminster pies are delicious, fresh, interesting, and just wonderful. I could go on at length. Savoury pies are the food I miss most when I spend a long time abroad – there just doesn’t seem to be any such thing in Massachusetts, for example – and you should try to try the best quality ones whilst you are in the UK. Although to be honest, I’m not sure why you would be in Chorlton.

The bar is nice too. In a narrow room, painted white and with cool posters, with a tiny bar at the back, it looks more like a bistro than a bar. I’m told it gets quite crowded at night, and I can believe that. But there is an absolutely stunning collection of bottled beers and unusual things on draft, ranging from Mongolian beer through to Lambic fruit beers from Belgium. There are enough tables in the day time and a little pavement part for smokers, or I suppose the three days a year when it is hot enough to want to be outdoors.

This bar is a real hidden gem, and I think it is well worth the bus ride out of the city when you get bored of the Northern Quarter.

Check Manchester Hotel Deals