Phuket Backpacker

Phuket Backpacker Rates and Deals

Phuket Backpacker Reviews

jagatri jagatri
My first dormitory room hostel Mar 08, 2011
Nice vibe, simple accommodation, cheap, friendly staffs, good walking distance from food vendors.

It's in the center of Phuket Town, so if you're going to the crowds in Phatong Beach area you're going to need a ride or tuktuk which I think is quite difficult at night. Just ask the hostel staff they can help you sort things out.

If you want to join some half day or full day tours to islands, make sure you have canvased several tour provider to help you decide whether the price that this hostel's staff offer is not more expensive than the other place offer.

We used the common kitchen to make an experiment of Thai Cha after we bought the yellow tea and the Nestle Carnation in the nearby local market.

Got surprised that event when you booked through internet to inform that you will need 5 beds it might turn out that you and your friends can end up in 3 or 4 different rooms :D So make sure if you're coming as a group and you don't want to be separated, ask one common room for your group.
d2amy d2amy
Nice place, not that social May 24, 2011
I'm actually here right now. I'm in a 10 bed dorm with air con and it's costing me 300 baht a night. It's not that bad, it's air con and after not having it for a while I'm currently in heaven.

One thing that I find weird, or just, not in the norm in Thailand is this hostel has a kitchen. So weird, but awesome. Although I didn't cook. It would be awesome if it wasn't hot and I wanted to cook something. So kudos for that.

It's pretty big, but it feels pretty empty. I'm sure it's because not that many people are here. Has about 200-300 choices of Dvds to watch, and you get a free beer when you check in! Well you redeem the coupon for that, how can you go wrong with that?
Fashionista83 Fashioni…
My first time in a hostel ... but not really Mar 29, 2011
I can't really say that I have been to a hostel after this because my friend and I took the only private VIP room they have which includes your own bathroom. That aside, the hotel is right by the beach, seemingly clean and has nice staff. If you are really on a budget, you can get a bed in a shared room for 300B - 450B depending how many people you want in a room... or you can do what we did and paid 1000B to get the private room.
dkiat dkiat
A Little Gem of Phuket Town Jan 01, 2010
A wonderful gem located in Phuket town, this backpacker's inn is indeed an ideal location with a bus stop to the beaches smack right outside and a 7/11 a few doors away. There is also an ATM opposite.

One thing I loved about the place is the common area which offers an array of DVD's to rent, books to read and the internet to browse. The garden is the place where you can sit and meet and mingle with follow travelers.

Their staff (especially rose) are rather helpful. In fact by day three of our trip, we were upgraded to another room. FOC!

Best of all the place is cheap going about RM30 per night.However I would not recommend the place for those who are headed for the pubs and clubs. For that it is best you stay at Patong.
The living area to just laze about
Mixed Dorm with 10 bunk beds
We were upgraded from our dorm to …
justasimsim justasim…
Cool Hostel Jun 08, 2009
I like this hostel because they have small kitchen with hot water to make coffee and cook some simple and quick food, even can order breakfast of course the simple one and they have TV room so the guest can watch movies or just hang out with other traveler. Separate bathroom for man and woman, feel comfortable there. Well the front desk people also helpful, a little bit noise *sometimes* but only when all the guest came back from outside.
justasimsim says:
You will like it :)
Posted on: May 31, 2010
chaoticdrifter says:
found this while searching for phuket hostel to stay to. i'm going there this july. :)
Posted on: May 31, 2010
dfoo dfoo
Jan 13, 2008
The Phuket Backpacker is about as cheap as you can get in Phuket without much compromise. It's a well run friendly place. The staff members maybe not be fluent in english, but they more than make up for it in their smiles.

The aircon rooms are fitted out with lockers and are quite pleasant. I would not recommend booking a 'fan' dorm room as they are invariably in the hallways.

This place gets quite noisy at night, especially if your in the rooms directly above the lounge room where people watch DVDs all night. As the hostel is in Phuket Town and far away from the beaches, most people stay at the hostel and watch DVDs at night. This is quite good in that you mingle with other travellers and swap stories. But if you like going to bars and pubs at night then Phuket Town is not for you. However the beaches are only 200BHT ride away if your so inclined.

This hostel also has a kitchen so if your doing it on the cheap or just like cooking then its a great place to stay. However I would recommend eating out. Its really inexpensive eating out in Phuket Town and probably a lot cheaper than buying groceries yourself.

Phuket Backpacker Amenities

• CD Player
  • DVD Player
  • Laundry service
  • Bicycle Rental
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shared Bathroom

Related Travel Blogs About Phuket Backpacker

What a week! (Ao Nang & West Coast)
Ok ready for another update. One week on and now the reality of not being at home starts to kick in. This week have such a mad time. Am going to start with our move from Phuket. Oh yeah forget to men…Phuket backpackers hostel decided to tag along. From Phuket we got 3 hour bus journey to a place…
A great first night in Phuket!
It took 7 hours or so and two flights, one from Tawau to Kuala Lumpur and then one from Kuala Lumpur to Phuket but we finally made it to Thailand. With Bali and Borneo eating up a couple extra days w…Phuket Backpacker Hostel. After getting settled into our dorm room(which was pretty damn nice I must say) we did our regular…
Here at last! (Phuket Town)
Welcome everybody Have finally arrived in Phuket. Was at Heathrow yesterday at 9am, flew out 12 mid-day then arrived Singapore 13 hours later. From there went and got our transfer flight back up to P…Phuket town and wee dropped at Hostel. The town itself is very crazy, erractic driving, food stalls everywhere, loads of stray catsand dogs (should have got rabies jabs…

Check Phuket Backpacker Rates and Deals