Phonsaksit Guesthouse

Vang Vieng, Laos
Phonsaksit Guesthouse - The double bed and the big window with mosquito net covering it. The windows open as well
Phonsaksit Guesthouse - The rather fancy looking bathroom with running hot water
Phonsaksit Guesthouse - Just as you walk in to the room
Phonsaksit Guesthouse - The single and double bed and the wall fan
Phonsaksit Guesthouse - The sign as you walk in
Phonsaksit Guesthouse - The sign you see from the outside - not quite Beer Laos but still beer!

Check Vang Vieng Hotel Deals

Phonsaksit Guesthouse Vang Vieng Reviews

kimpigott kimpigott
Gem of a G/house in the quiet part of the town...really cheap but fab!! Aug 12, 2011
This honestly was a gem of a find, I was staying in a real dive of a g/house which I will review soon so I was so glad to find this.

I walked past the handwritten sign so many times advertising rooms for 40,000 kip per night for a double room, free wifi in the room and free tea and coffee. It wasn't until I'd had enough of the place just a few doors down that I decided to go and have a look at a few places to see what I could get for the same money.

So for 40,000 kip I not only have a big room with a double bed, TV, big bathroom I also have a single bed as well just in case I fancy a change! :) I can add the AC for an extra 40,000 kip so 80,000 in total (just less than £6) per night. Have stayed here 2 nights already and staying 2 or 3 more nights.

It's off the main street and the lady who runs the place is really lovely and will make sure the room is all ok for you. I didn't have curtains nor knew how to use the TV and she came in with freshly cleaned curtains and also sorted out the TV whilst giving me the code for the wifi.

You have shops and bars all around you but you don't hear any of the noise. The rooms are really secure each with their own padlock. I know it would be fine to probably leave all my stuff in my room and it would be fine, I'm just a bit of a security freak and just lock everything up anyway! There is an Irish Bar just down the road for those wanting a bit of a homely feel. It's about a 5 minute walk to get to the bars by the river which all show Friends/Simpsons or Family Guy over and over.

The beds are so comfy as well! It's the best nights sleep I've had since I've been here and at £3 a night for a fanned room with room for 3 people (that would be £1 each if 3 of us were actually in the room - you can't get cheaper than that!) it's a wonder I've stayed as long as I have done! I'm on my 3rd night in this guesthouse and may stay a couple more. With wifi in the room you don't need to go and sit in the bars and spend money on food and drink to feel justified in using the internet!

I would reccommend anyone to go here! You won't go wrong with this one :)
Just as you walk in to the room
The single and double bed and the …
The double bed and the big window …
The rather fancy looking bathroom …
kimpigott says:
Ha ha Ryan, yes Family Guy all day every day! One bad thing is buying lots of food and drink so you end up getting very fat!! ha ha
Posted on: Aug 13, 2011
RyanCorrea says:
BTW Family guy? really? over and over...I could live with!!
Posted on: Aug 12, 2011
RyanCorrea says:
Great review. Very informative :) Good job Kim :)
Posted on: Aug 12, 2011