Phillip's Foote

101 George Street, Sydney, Australia
Phillip's Foote - The front :)
Phillip's Foote - The steaks
Phillip's Foote - The garden

Phillip's Foote Sydney Reviews

jespermelin5 jesperme…
A very special restaurant Sep 18, 2013
My girlfriends parents went to this restaurant when they were in our age, so it was of course compulsory for us to go there when we were in Sydney. We have been here once before with my girlfriends mother as well.

The restaurant is located at "The Rocks" near Circular Quay, it is a bit different to all other restaurants. When you first walk into the restaurant the first thing you will see is the bar, because that is all there is in the first room. Walk through the bar and you will find the backyard, the garden. In the end of the garden there is a kitchen. In the kitchen you pick what meat you want to eat, because this place is famous for its meat and fish so you need to have one of them.

All pieces of meat will cost you $32 and the fish costs $30. You tell them what steak you want, I picked the marinated rump and my girlfriend picked the normal rump. After that they put the steaks on two plates and handed it over to you. Because you will actually have to BBQ the steaks yourself. This is the special thing with this restaurant, they have BBQs located around the kitchen on the outside and you have to cook the steaks yourself. Then you can take veggies, salads and dressings etc in the kitchen area at a buffet.

They have guidelines put up over the BBQ for the people who does not really know how long to cool the steaks for, which is good.

The tables are located outside the kitchen, in the garden. They have plants and trees growing all around the area and it is just a very calm area. I really love this place, so does my girlfriend and obviously her parents as well. I have never been to a place like this before and I do not know if it is common or not, but I feel like this is a very special place.
Our steaks
jespermelin5 says:
It's actually not too bad, first time I went there I had no idea what I was doing. Turned out to be a pretty good steak anyways :) Just follow the guidelines :)
Posted on: Sep 24, 2013
Zagnut66 says:
Cool idea for a restaurant, though I would want to go with someone experienced on the barbecue.
Posted on: Sep 24, 2013
benbrownumd benbrown…
Jun 11, 2007
For my birthday, a group of mates and I went out to dinner at the Foote. This restaurant is set in the Rocks district of downtown Sydney in a historic 1800s-era building. The front of the building is a pub while the back courtyard houses the restaurant. The unique part about Phillip's Foote is that you grill your own piece of meat. For A$26.50, you can choose from about a dozen different cuts of beef, chicken, lamb or fish. You are served the meat raw and then go to season and cook it yourself on one of the restaurant's large outdoor barbies. You are also entitled to unlimited salad and sides from the buffet. The meat is very high quality, the old school courtyard is awesome and I would recommend the restaurant. It is quite a bit more expensive than just throwing your own BBQ at your house or hostel, though, so be prepared to spend some money for your pleasure.

Check Sydney Hotel Deals