Philadelphia Museum of Art

www.philamuseum.org - 215 763-8100

Philadelphia Museum of Art Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Art in Phily Jul 20, 2013
Philadelphia Museum of Art is pretty large museum collection covering most of the important historical movements through the world. They have excellent medieval weaponry and armor, good European paintings and sculptures, excellent American collection and bunch of thematic collections from the rest of the world. American collection includes rooms made in different styles with lots of details. I was really amazed by glass work and fantastic tools that they have presented. Asian exhibition has great pieces and whole and original buildings surrounding them.
sugarose sugarose
Gem to view masterpieces and enjoy art. Jan 24, 2012
I went there with my cousin who had been talking about the museum for weeks before my visit. She had told me the place was full of masterpieces and I as an art person would enjoy it. She was not mistaken. We spend several hours there taking in the art, experiencing the halls such as medieval court and enjoying the free shows of dance in the main hall. I was particularly excited to see one of my favorite works which was sunflowers by Van Gogh. I also enjoyed the other exhibitions such as the japanese houses and medieval art.

Check Philadelphia Hotel Deals