Phantom Ranch

Grand Canyon, Arizona

Compare Grand Canyon National Park Hotel Rates (3km away)

Phantom Ranch Grand Canyon Reviews

pinchora pinchora
don't want to camp at the bottom of the Canyon... try here! Jan 22, 2004
Phantom Ranch is the only lodging facility in the canyon. If you come here make reservations about a year in's needed more with men than it is with women.

The site that Phantom Ranch is on used by Native Americans; pit houses and a ceremonial kiva dating from about 1050 AD have been found there when walking around you can see the Indian drawings.

At the bottom of the Canyon you come upon small cabins and people milling around lauging outside. You're just excited to sit down and take a load off after the long hike.

There are two types of lodgings and two types of meal accomodations. One type of lodging is a cabin. In the cabin you get your own privacy with your family... you get your own cabin...but there are not bathrooms in the cabin so you must use communal bathrooms for showers and neccessity purposes. In the dorms you have 5 bunk beds where they are separated into male and female dorms. The beds were in small quarters and you felt clostrophobic...but the beds were really comfortable. I slept so well that night, I woke up so refreshed. I even woke up before the sun came up and was not able to go back to sleep...and if anybody knows me they know that I don't wake up before 11 let alone before sun rise! In the dorms you don't have the privacy but you do have a bathroom inside the building.

For meal accomodations you can get a stew dinner option or the steak dinner option. the steak is $10 more and I highly recommend that. Everyone but one person in our group got the stew and Dave looked so happy after he got his steak. We had 2 meals of stew and it sort of got bland after a while. If I were to do it over again I would have gotten atleast one night with the stew. You also get a bagged lunch provided each day too with bagels, summer sausage and some cheese and you can also get breakfast.

Room Type Summer 2007

Dorm, per person $34.16

Breakfast, per person $17.50

Sack Lunch, per person $10.14

Steak Dinner, per person $35.61

Veggie Dinner, per person $22.60

Hiker's Stew Dinner, per person $22.60

Duffel Service $60.83 each way
Hitting Rock Bottom at Phantom Ran…

Related Travel Blogs About Phantom Ranch

Grand Canyon
Went to the Grand Canyon today on a tour with Angel's Gate Tours. I was one of 12 passengers in a van driven by Bobby. Bobby must have a phobia about cars being in front of him, because he passed the…Phantom Ranch, Grand Canyon Lodge and the Kaibab Suspension Bridge. We now had 2 options, we could go by van with…

Compare Grand Canyon National Park Hotel Rates (3km away)

Phantom Ranch Map