Petrini's Italian Restaurant

jerome@petrinis.com - 805 275 1914

Petrini's Italian Restaurant Santa Barbara Reviews

sylviandavid sylviand…
Antipasta, Salad, Lasagne, Alfredo ......Delicious Italian Food Jul 19, 2015
We went to Petrini's with a recommendation from our friends, Adam and Lindsay who lived in Santa Barbara.

It is an unassuming place. Not really fancy from outside. Don't let the outside fool you .... the food is excellent.

We had a large table of people .... probably 14 people. All of the food came out piping hot and excellently prepared. We spoke to the waiter and found out the place had been in business since 1958. The recipes are traditional ones that are home made from fresh ingredients. The inside walls were covered with really interesting, old photographs of different Italian cities. Some were labeled and some were not. It reminded us of some of the Italian places we visited in Italy.

Adam got the meat ravioli with meat sauce. Lindsay had tortellini with meat sauce. Julie got the salmon on a bed of lettuce. David got the Carbonara and I had the fish with caper sauce. Everyone was delighted with their selection.

The meat sauce had real Parmesan cheese (instead of the shakers of cheese). David's carbonara was the perfect blend of spices. Julie's fish was flaky and moist and the amount was just perfect. My fish came with a creamy sauce with had capers. I also had a side of noodles with capers. My fish was flaky, moist and actually, perfect. We got a half carafe of house red that perfectly complimented the meal.

I would really recommend this place. I felt like the food was very cheaply priced and it was excellent. I would never have known about it if Adam and Lindsay hadn't recommended it.
White fish with capers
David's Carbonara
carbonara
a lame picture of their card
almond72 says:
Goodness, the food looks really nice. Congratulations on the feature !
aloneinthecrowd says:
Congrats on having your review featured, Sylvia :)
cotton_foam says:
Congrats, Sylvia on this featured review!!

Check Santa Barbara Hotel Deals