Petra Kitchen

Petra, Jordan

Petra Kitchen Reviews

Rokerij Rokerij
Awesome Evening Oct 22, 2009
The reviews are correct, you only do a small portion of the prep. You do get very detailed recipes and instructions at the end, so don't worry about not learning every part of every dish. This is a great way to spend an evening having a drink with new people from different parts of the world. The staff are extremely friendly and entertaining. My table (all strangers to each other) shared a few bottles of wine and really spent the evening talking about our travels and other similar interests which obviously brought us all together in that location. Afterwards, we all sat around and continued to drink and chat.

The food was unbelievable and we have only been back two weeks and have cooked the food 3 separate evenings and plan on cooking it for family and friends this weekend.

I guess if you are strictly going to learn how to cook and are not a social person, or even a laid back person who can have a good time in any setting, than this probably isn't the place for you. This place is definitely a little on the pricey side, but in my opinion you are paying for dinner and entertainment, which makes up for it being a bit pricey. Well worth it in my opinion.

One thing I should strongly emphasize is that a previous review mentioned they were worried about cleanliness and those tour groups washing their hands. Maybe things have changed since then, but when I was there we were everything but dragged into the sinks to wash our hands. We were constantly being reminded to wash our hands after doing basically everything. The place was also spotless, except for the tray of frosted glasses my wife managed to smash.

I would do it again if I go back to Petra even if it was the same recipes. A lady in my group from Kuwait was returning for her second time as well.

Related Travel Blogs About Petra Kitchen

Egypt &/or Jordan, Oct.-Nov. 2010
First, let me assure you that I am NOT a travel agent or in the travel industry and I will not earn any commissions or other pay for this trip. I’m planning this journey for myself because I l…Petra Kitchen as an optional evening activity (including dinner).           Nov. 17: Spend…
A great day on the boot in to Giethoorn and a wonderful BBQ
Giethoorn meet-up for a day! I had a meet-up on saterday the 5th of july in Giethoorn in the province Overijsel in the Netherlands... I came just from work that morning... I had to work there friday…Petra and Patricia were a lot in the kitchen... The BBQ was very noice and Dennis stayed at the BBQ... the cook…
On the road again
De karaf met Botswana Sunrise cocktail heeft niet geholpen; om 2.00 uur ben ik klaar wakker. Het "bed" is dramatisch en ik ben mijn houten plank en 1 cm schuimrubber nu wel zat. Op het rangeerterrein…kitchen om water te koken voor een kopje thee. Petra is er inmiddels ook uit. Tassen inpakken en broodje…

Check Petra Hotel Deals