Petnehazy Club Hotel Budapest

Check Budapest Hotel Deals

Petnehazy Club Hotel Budapest Reviews

Im_a_local Im_a_loc…
A long way from anywhere! Apr 05, 2013
We were staying at the Petneházy Resort in a log cabin reminiscent of those in the forests of Sweden or at least like they looked in the film “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”.

The food in the restaurant was good at least the boys said so on the first night and during the course of the week we girls tried the lovely meals and met the staff who were very friendly. However on that first night we girls stayed at home to inspect our new surroundings and decided what we would do for the rest of the week.

The cottage had been furnished with comfort in mind although there were four of us; we had two bedrooms and if need be a sofa bed. There was a private sauna off the bathroom, a small kitchen, big terrace and wonderful views! There were several small issues with the room some missing light bulbs, no tissue paper, only one towel for 4 people. I reported these to reception, but they really didn't want to know. The staff may say yes but we learnt over the course of the week that yes often meant no. The cleaners came every day, changed the towels and gave us toilet roll but never did any cleaning. Fortunately as a family, we are tidy.

Overall I was pleased with our choice and if we had wanted to stay onsite there was an indoor swimming pool, sauna, beauty and massage parlour, the possibility to rent bicycles, play tennis or table tennis, a golf driving range and horse riding all within the grounds

To be honest, the hotel location although very nice and a place of natural beauty is hard to praise as a base for visiting attractions as it is quite far from the city centre. Definitely not a hotel to return to during the day.

In the many years I have travelled and the numerous places I have stayed, I have never met such unhelpful staff. I think they need to learn the meaning of care and hospitality.(See a couple of appalling instances in my blog)

Check Budapest Hotel Deals