Peters Brauhaus

Peters Brauhaus - Outside

Peters Brauhaus Cologne Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Traditional German food and beers May 05, 2010
I was by some mistake being placed in a hotel near the Dome. I had been in that area many times before when I lived in Brussels which is only 2,5 hour’s drive. I have always liked the city centre of Cologne; it has always been full of life and the shopping is extremely good here.

When I was back at the hotel, I found a maps of the city centre that indicated that my hotel was very close to a brewery and one I had not seen or visited before. Therefore the objective of the evening was pretty clear.

Breweries in Germany often serve traditional and local food and I have always enjoyed dishes like Schweinshaxe mit Wirsing und bratkartoffeln, which is both genuine and damn good.

Their local Peters Kölsch was a good beer indeed and especially together with schweinshaxe. For desert and just to make sure I would cut 10 years of my age; I also ordered rhabarberkompott mit vanilleeis und Sahne. Rhubarbs are a summer favourite of mine.

The place was German in all traditions senses after this moment. There were oak tables and chairs; the waiters were friendly and effective. Everywhere there were loads of decorations going back in all different areas of age. There were tiles, lights and so one, which would be no obstacle for further expansion; they were not protected in anyway: just small things
The menu
Schweinshaxe mit Wirsing und bratk…
Peters Kölsch
Rhabarberkompott mit vanilleeis un…
Chokk says:
Thank you all; I was hiding in Nicaragua and didn't notice that I was featured.
Posted on: May 25, 2010
sarahsan says:
Litt sent, men gratulerer med din anbefalte kritikk Christian! Godt å se deg på forsiden igjen!
Posted on: May 14, 2010
Dr_Seuss says:
Congrats on another feature Christian :)
Posted on: May 12, 2010