Peter Luger

178 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY, USA

Peter Luger Brooklyn Reviews

stevenguyen stevengu…
The Steakhouse That Everyone Is Talking About Mar 30, 2007
I had to venture out to the Williamsburg area just to get a taste of Peter Luger that I've been hearing all about. They say this is where the real meat lovers go to wine and dine, so it piqued my attention. First of all, this was not the atmosphere that I was expecting at all from a highly rated steakhouse. Have you ever been to an old school German-style beer hall? I can't describe it, but that's what you'll find when you walk through the door. There's a full bar with bartender service and a waiting area that's really not a waiting area. The wait time ranges anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour without reservations, but you can kill that time easily at the bar!

Once we were seated, service took a while to get to us. It's weird because the dining room isn't as big as I thought it would be. There is a real hustle-bustle type atmosphere around here. It's kind of like what you would get from Lawry's Prime Rib if you've ever eaten there before, but in a more confined space.

My friends ordered the roasted chicken and I ordered the steak. I think that was the best steak I ever had in New York City, and not just for the quality, but also for the amount that they give you. It was more than enough to feed two people! We did try the signature Apple Strudel with Schlag (whipped cream) even though we were full from the main course. We did not regret it! They give you chocolate gold coins after your meal, which I thought was kind of cool.

Note: The only forms of payment they accept are cash, check, and/or debit card. Talk about old school, right?

Great casual atmosphere overall. Would highly recommend it if you are willing to venture out deep into Brooklyn!

Check Brooklyn Hotel Deals