Petanque Reviews

magnificent magnific…
A Great Way to Connect With Locals Mar 21, 2010
Looking for another way to get close to locals just find someone playing petanque. It is a very social game and easy to learn. Most people that play petanque are happy to share the game with new people and often time have extra boules so they can join in. It is great for all ages and if you google or ask around I am sure you can find somewhere near you that someone is playing.

Petanque came to be in the early 1900 in France. There are variation of the game from other countries. I was introduced to the game in 1979 when I met my French family. During my time in Paris and on the road when I worked with my Uncle in the moving business I would always see people played and I enjoyed watching them. I remember playing in a local French tournament (but I really sucked) it was a really great time.

I have lived in San Diego since getting out of the Navy in 1983 and just recently came across a local Petanque club. I did meet some gentlemen in La Jolla who played at a nearby park and they let me play with them. They did tell me about the club but it did not sink in. Later I would see some of these same people at Balboa Park.

When I went to Thailand last year I wanted to go to Pattaya where the world championship was held a few years earlier to play. I never made it but did find some locals playing in Chiang Mai and I came to play with them on several times.

Since I am planning to be in Amsterdam in August I thought I would see if there were any clubs and I found one that plays at the Museumplein (never considered Amsterdam before for the game).

This is a Universal game. It is a great way to be social and spend a casual day outdoors.
Le Petanque Club de San Diego
French workers playing a game duri…
Came across local Thai people play…
magnificent says:
no I have not met Fanny yet.
Posted on: Mar 24, 2010
magnificent says:
you can say boules (referring to the balls) too!
Posted on: Mar 23, 2010
bernard69 says:
Did u met Fanny?u may meet her again checking the last review of my blog Lyon my hometown 14072009!
Posted on: Mar 22, 2010