14 Paradise Street, Liverpool, United Kingdom

Pesto Liverpool Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Great Early Bird Tapas Menu May 21, 2012
Given that my friend and I are off to Barcelona in a little under four weeks we had decided to meet for dinner to catch up on a bit of gossip and discuss our travel plans. She works in Liverpool city centre so a trip to Liverpool 1 was the ideal location to seek out a bite to eat early on a Friday evening.

After scouring the various menus outside the collection of restaurants we decided on Pesto given that they had an 'early bird' menu on offer before 7pm. Four tapas dishes for 9.95GBP. Highly appropriate that we opted for tapas given the main evenings topic of conversation (though this was Italian tapas.) Four dishes may not sound alot but I was assured that the portion sizes were more than enough.

The waitress that greeted us was friendly and showed us to a small table, however, given that it was a sunny evening we asked as to whether we could be seated in the window, the waitress obliged with a cheery smile (I have been to places prior where we have been looked at quite rudely for even suggesting a different position in a restaurant.) She brought the menus over - but alas did not supply us with the 'early bird' menu that had been on display outside - I suppose quite a devilish little plan on the management's behalf as I wonder how many people speak up and actually ask for the 'early bird' menu? She brought it over and we digested the menu whilst sampling a large glass of house white wine (very nice.) The decor inside the restaurant has a rustic Italian feel to it and there is additional seating upstairs, as are the rest rooms (which were a bit of a hike to get to.)

We decided to order eight different dishes off the menu and share everything out between us - after all that's what tapas is about right?

Our choices were:

Bruschetta al salmone - toasted ciabatta, drizzled with olive oil, spread with soft cheese and topped with fresh salmon.

Patate al origano - deep fried potato, sauteed with garlic and oregano.

Pizzetta formaggio di capra - 5" pizza topped with goats cheese and caramalised red onion.

Salsicca peperanto - spicy italian sausage, with sauteed peppers and potatoes.

Polpette di manzo - spicy beef meatballs in tomato, garlic and herb sauce

Pollo alla pizzaiola - chicken breast in tomato, garlic and herb sauce.

Arancini - deep fried balls of risotto rice stuffed with mozzarella.

Funghi all'algion - mushrooms sauteed in garlic.

After ordering, the service was exceptionally quick and our table was overloaded with eight decent sized portions. (In fact the table could have done with being a bit bigger.)

The food was well presented and was cooked perfectly. Our waitress was very attentive and came over on a couple of occasions to ask if everything was to our liking.

The bill for the two of us came to 32.00GBP and that included the 8 tapas dishes, 3 large glasses of wine and a diet cola. Will definitely be going back again.
Vikram says:
The Arancini sounds amazing! This review should so get featured! Anyway my whole issue with tapas is that I never get full and end up wasting money instead. God bless the Pizza Hut buffets for 5$! ;-)
Posted on: Aug 15, 2015
sarahsan says:
Would love to eat there too!
Posted on: May 27, 2012
X_Drive says:
Sounds like a great place!! :D
Posted on: May 26, 2012