Pescados Capitales

Pescados Capitales - Tiradito capital

Pescados Capitales Lima Reviews

tribbeal tribbeal
Mind-blowing Dec 27, 2010
I had heard everyone rave about this place for months. Now I know why. It was not only the best food I have had in Peru, it was the best food I have had in my life.

The mahi mahi tuna steak was perfection.

The Causa de camarones had a sauce so good we poured it on everything.

The Soufflé de chocolate? I can't even describe it.

It wasn't crowded when we went, menus are available in English, and the drink of the day isn't bad.

We had appetizer, drink of the day, main meal, and then dessert. IT came out to be about 100 soles each. This is very expensive by Peruvian standards (I can order 10 meals for this price!) But in US dollars it was like $30. Ridiculously cheap for the quality.
yadilitta yadilitta
Sinfully Fishes - Pescados Capitales Oct 25, 2008
The name of this restaurant is: Pescados Capitales, which is a play on words. In Spanish, pecados capitales refers to the seven deadly sins. Pescados, of course, means fish.

It's located in one of the furthest corner of Miraflores, inside an unpretentious building with rustic décor. The avenue on which it's located is a mixture of auto repair shops, small industrial businesses, residential, and several upscale Cebicherias.

Their menu is large and diverse. They serve innovative dishes, which are named for either one of the deadly sins or heavenly virtues, or after the Peruvian political dramas of the moment. For example Temperance is a stupendous tuna tiradito; Gluttony, a majestic chita served on a bed of scalloped potatoes; Pride, a saffron calamari risotto; Envy, a lenguado in a shellfish sauce & Impatience, grilled tuna served with a chickpea salad. I'm a big fan of tiraditos and ordered the Tiradito Capital. What a beautiful dish with fresh and nice tuna.

The service is very good, although the place is always packed. I recommend to make a reservation; otherwise you will wait but while you are waiting they will give you sampling canchita and conchitas al bloody mary as courtesy of the house.

Although this is a good place, I don't think it's THE best. Also it's a bit expensive for Peruvian Standards, but who doesn't want to spoil himself once in a while? we all deserve it :P
the entrance
inside
Complimentary mussels with bloody …
Tiradito capital