Perfumes of Araby Swap Meet

846 North La Cienega Boulevard, Granada Hills, CA, USA - (310) 652-6859

Perfumes of Araby Swap Meet Granada Hills Reviews

Cati Cati
Mar 11, 2007
When I arrived at 11128 Balboa Boulevard in Granada Hills and caught sight of the facade of the multi-purpose room where the famed Perfumes of Araby Swap Meet was being held, I was more than a bit dubious. But as soon as I opened the doors and stepped in, it was like I was passing over a threshold between two completely different worlds. I felt like I had travelled to an Egyptian bazaar. It was a belly-dancer's paradise. Hip scarves, flowing skirts and accessories galore ... I would be lying if I said that I wasn't completely overwhelmed at first. That feeling quickly passed as I began browsing (and buying). Even my mother, who is not a dancer, got really excited and made some excellent purchases, including a lovely pair of shoes for just a dollar!

The Perfumes of Araby Swap Meet is organized by California-born dancer, Anaheed. It occurs only twice a year, and is truly an experience for both dancers and observers, women and men alike. Shops set up tables with clothing, accessories, music, instruments -- everything at a great price. Various dancers perform throughout the day on a stage set up in the same room as the merchandise - which makes for a captivating experience. Admission is a mere two dollars, and it's well worth it. If you have even the slightest interest in belly-dancing, Middle-Eastern culture or want to spend some time in a different environment, this swap meet is the place to go. Check Anaheed's website for updates on the next one, which will probably take place in the fall.

Check Granada Hills Hotel Deals