Pere Lachaise Cemetery

Paris, France

Pere Lachaise Cemetery Paris Reviews

ligeira ligeira
Pere Lachaise Aug 15, 2012
Its not in central paris, but its defs worth it !

go & check out the graves of your favorites artists writers etc

its a nice walk around & quite of a "game/labyrinth" to find them.

you should check the map at the entrance, as the free maps you can get here at the entrance dont have everybody on it ie jim morison or chopin werent on the maps we got..

dont forget to be respectful & not to be one of the persons writing on the people's stones/graves !

enjoy it!
Amanda Amanda
Aug 30, 2006
This is one of the most famous cemetaries in the world. There is something very impressive and special about this place, and it's worth a spot if you have time.

A lot of famous people are buried here; Ocar Wilde, Chopin, Jim Morrison... but even when you are walking through the rest of the grounds, it's a really impressive site. If you like photography, trust me; this place will give you some amazing opportunities. Here are some examples (not mine).

I hope you get a chance to do this; it's a special memory for me, and a great way to step out of the craziness for a bit and get a different point of view of Paris.
travelman727 says:
Amanda, thanks for the review! Next time in the "City of Lights", I will try to make time to see this special spot!
Posted on: Aug 30, 2006
adellel adellel
Jun 06, 2004
This was the first thing I wanted to see - Jim Morrison's grave. Little did I know what a beautiful place this would be. I went first thing on a sunny morning, and the way the sun shown the the leaves and flowers was beautiful. The funniest thing is that since they have blocked off Jim's grave area now, people actually leave him messages on OTHER people's graves.
Jim Morrison's Grave
Overall View of le Cimetière du P…
Notes to Jim on another crypt
JulitaBlue says:
Really would like to visit in my next visit to Paris...thanks for the review
Posted on: Jul 30, 2011
lparisya says:
This is a must for me!
Posted on: Aug 18, 2008
grindy2424 says:
The graveyard is one of the unknown Gems of Paris. We walked through it for a couple hours looking at the different monuments.... An experience you won't get anywhere else
Posted on: Jul 27, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Pere Lachaise Cemetery

Visiting the departed
One thing I haven't done in my previous visits to Paris is the Pere Lachaise cemetery which is home to the remains of many famous people.  From a quick googling, I found that it was best to ap…Paris is the Pere Lachaise cemetery which is home to the remains of many famous people.  From a quick…
only 2 Months left to go
I'll tell you its been soooo long planning for this trip, I've been telling my parents/friends I'm going to travel to europe for like the past 4 yrs :P ....After countless hours of deciding what plac…Paris Catacombs 2. Pere Lachaise Cemetery 3. Notre Dame Cathedral • Lucerne: ⁃ Mt. Stanserhorn (SF 43.00) • Munich: • Tyrol: ⁃ Swarovski Crystal World…
We visited Keramikos Cemetery
I should say we made a pilgrimage to Keramikos because this is where - according to Thucydides - Pericles made his famous speech over the graves of young Athenian men who had died in the first years …cemetery movement that produced Pere Lachaise in Paris, Cristobol Colon in Havana and the Necropolis in Lvov The tram maintenance…

Check Paris Hotel Deals