Peppes Pizza

22 22 55 55

Peppes Pizza Reviews

Quest Quest
Feb 25, 2008
Peppes Pizza has existed in Norway for as long as I can remember. The first time I was at a Peppes restaurant was when I was only 13, and I have been going there from time to time ever since.

They have of course added things to their menue over the years, but they still have the old ones. Which makes it easy for me when I'm ordering. I always have the same pizza. Nr.9 with ham and cheese. The name for the pizza is Stars and Stripes... :o)

Peppes Pizza has restaurants in most citys in Norway, and in the major citys they have many of them located thruout. I have been to 4 or 5 different in Oslo, and also Lillehammer, Gjøvik and Moss.

Each Peppes has the same theme. They either really are very old, or has been made to look like they are. You can see the building structure inside and on the walls there are different items and picture from the old days. Candlelights are on every table and it really is very charming. And that goes for every single one of them. ( I can say that, even though I haven't been to them all. But since they are all made the same way, it's obvious.)

The recepies' that Peppes uses are their own, and they are secret. So secret that not even the chefs know exactly which spices they're using. When the spices arrives at the restaurant, the are merely numbered. No names at all. I know this, because I asked...lol

(Peppes also has take away, and you can call and they bring it to you.)

After frequently going to Peppes over the years, I have came across a variety of waiters, but the waiter at the Peppes we were at on Valentines day are the BEST! His name is Kjetil, and is overall the best waiter I have met in any restaurants in Norway. He's fun, polite and easy to talk to. And he makes the guests really feel taken care of.

(This restaurant is located at the corner of Karl Johans Gate 1. Right at the very beginning of the street across from Oslo S.) And if you like pizza and are in Oslo, I highly recommend a visit here.
CFD says:
I think EVERYONE who lives in Norway have been to Peppes at least once. Next to the "Grandiosa" (Frozen Pizza) this it the national dish ;)
Posted on: Mar 10, 2008