Peppertree Lodge

Peppertree Lodge Rates and Deals

Peppertree Lodge Paihia Reviews

coffeefairy coffeefa…
A great affordable backpackers' accomodation Feb 20, 2007
It was my first time to backpack and this was my first time to stay at a backpackers hostel and...I loved it! I only have good things to say about this place.

Together with my two friends, we took the 4 bed room quad room with a private ensuite toilet for about 20 NZD per person per night and shared one bed with another girl backpacker.

They have a very big common area where people can mingle, surf the net and eat at the dining area. They have kitchen ammenities you can use to cook food. They have bicycles and kayaks for rent. The staff there are really sincerely friendly and accomodating too, they make you feel like they are a fellow backpackers who mingle with you. We had a great night with one of the lady staff there when we went drinking at the pub across the lodge. Oh yeah, so the lodge is nicely situated in Paihia, Bay of Islands, as there are a few pubs and restaurants around, a convenience store and the lovely, magnificent bay just a few meter's walk.

This lodge also offers tours and culture shows. We took the Culture North Night Show and we loved it, although a bit pricey, but it was worth it.

It is also convenient to get here from Auckland as there are daily buses that goes straight to Paihia.

It was indeed a great experience staying here, a perfect combination to the lovely nature experience of the Bay of Islands.
Peppertree Lodge