Peppersack AS

2 Viru, Tallinn, Estonia

Peppersack AS Tallinn Reviews

Onthewind Onthewind
Great fun with some lovely food. Mar 16, 2013
The peppersack is a fairly large, medieval themed restaurant in a prime location in the old town.

We entered from the freezing cold temperatures outside, to a warm welcome and hearty atmosphere inside. Although I'm sure the patio heaters located near the entrance aren't authentic medieval, they are appreciated in getting the blood flowing again. Over visit was in March and even then it was bustling with customers.

We were lead to our table by a guy dressed in the attire of the age. We were actually seated by the window on the top floor, which offered a charming view out to the cobbled street below. The décor is wooden and furnished with cloth and stuffed sacks.

The menu is quite extensive and if you enjoy your meats, you should be happy here. I tried some frog's legs from the appetizers would highly recommend the 'God Willing' (game skewers) from the main menu. All the meals are well presented and are good sized portions. We did not bother with the desert because we weren't so hungry, but also in the Peppersack there is limited choice. I opted for some red wine to accompany my meal, but this place offers it's own beer brewed on-site. Although I didn't sample any, drawing upon experience of other home-brews of Tallinn you'll probably be more than happy.

The entertainment here is worth watching, and I would recommend catching the sword fight that takes place in the evening around 8pm every night on the stairs at the main hall. This is perfect to pass the time while your food is being prepared and other acts include some comedy routines and dancing.

Although not the best medieval restaurant I have ever been to (see http://www.travbuddy.com/Rozengrls-Medieval-Restaurant-v306717#271365) you will get value for your money from the Peppersack. The food is delicious, the service is very good and the medieval experience is certainly a fun factor.
harleyd harleyd
fun medieval themed restaurant Oct 22, 2008
Peppersack is a fun medieval themed restaurant located in old town. The food here is excellent. They make their own beer on site; however I wouldn't recommend the honey beer. It's way to sweet for a beer and tastes more like cough syrup. Their other beers are quite tasty though. The food is quite delicious and nicely displayed. The restaurant offer their menu in multiple languages so ordering is easy. Most of the workers also knew some english as well. The service was excellent too. My visit was in the off season and even then the place was full. I would recommend going here just for fun!

Check Tallinn Hotel Deals