Pepper Drive Christmas Light

El Cajon, California

Pepper Drive Christmas Light El Cajon Reviews

sdbleve sdbleve
Nov 30, 2006
Well it is approaching Christmas time again, and the calls have started to come into my job site. "Where are the best Christmas Light Displays". We have a couple in Chula Vista where I work, but the one I like the best is an area we call Pepper Drive in El Cajon (East of San Diego). This is not just one or two streets of lights, this is entire neighborhoods that participate. The only way to see everything is to drive thru. And it takes a while, because there are a lot of houses to see.

To get there: Take the I8 freeway to El Cajon. From the I8 take SR67 north. Exit at Prospect Road in Santee. When you get off the freeway, make a right. The street will end at a "T" intersection. Make another right. Drive south until you get to Pepper Drive (there is a large, cut your own Christmas Tree lot on the left side). Make a left. Most likely you will now be in line with a large number of other vehicles waiting to view the lights. You will make a left turn into the community...and enjoy.

When you are done, or if you decide you don't want to get stuck in all the traffic, I have another site for you to visit. This one is in my little slice of heaven called Santee. Return to Prospect. Make a left, and go over the freeway. The first traffic light will be Magnolia. Turnright and head north. After about a mile or two you will come to Santana High school. Just north of the school, off of Magnolia is a track of homes that also has a very high rate of participation amongst the residents. You can make a right and drive around the circle or...you can do what I like to do.

Park at the strip mall across the street from the high school. Go to the Starbucks and get something hot to drink. Walk to the track of homes and walk thru it. A lot of the residents are often outside chatting with each other, and are friendly. Sometimes the enterprising kids in the neighborhood will be selling hot chocolate, coffee and cookies and other treats. It makes for a nice stroll.

Well, I hope everybody enjoys their holidays.

David