People's Park In The Sky

Tagaytay, Philippines

People's Park In The Sky Tagaytay Reviews

Caliber-A Caliber-A
Used to be a Good Spot but Now Rundown Aug 02, 2014
This was not the first time I’ve been to this place and I must say that it is greatly wasted compared to what it was before. Had the authorities maintained its grandeur, I can say that it is the best attraction in Tagaytay because of its high location – it is the highest point in Tagaytay, thus referred to as palace in the sky. It gives the visitor, a perfect view of Taal Volcano and its lake, the mountains and the beautiful landscape around.

Now the downturn: The building was totally neglected, worn-out and dilapidated. It was just the viewing deck that is useful. Lucky enough that the vendors and shop owners still find a place for their stuffs. I just can’t imagine how grand it was during the Marcos’ possession.

Entrance fee is PHP 30.00 plus a jeepney ride of PHP 10.00 in order to get you from the gate to the top, but it is always a nice exercise walking down.

For short, it is just the view that you will pay for, and nothing else.
Caliber-A says:
oo kasi pinabayaan lang. according to my research, Marcos' gov't built the mansion supposedly for President Regan's visit to the Philippines, just don't know why they did not complete the construction. ang laki ng nagastos, imagine creating a road up there to transport the materials, and another thing, relocating the inhabitants...grabe talaga ang kababayan mong si mackoy ano hehehe...
Posted on: Sep 18, 2014
cotton_foam says:
parang "ruins" na rin ano?!
Posted on: Sep 18, 2014
cax cax
amazeing view... May 08, 2008
Former President Ferdinand Marcos and his wife Imedla Marcos started building the Palace in the Sky, for the purpose of reciveing President Ronald Regan and his First Lady. But the visit was cancelled due to the problems that Marcos faced at the time and the palace was never finished.

Today the place has been renamed to People's Park In the Sky and unfortunately the Palace remains unfinished. When I say unfortunately it's because this Park has one of the most amazeing views I've ever seen before and I could easily imagine rebuilding the Palace for the use as a resort, with a small café faceing south to the Taal Lake. Even in the foggy wheater that I faced during my visit here did it allmost take my breath away to stand there and watch the Volcano.

But in fact the Volcano is just a small part of the view from this place, everywhere you turn it's green, hilltops and mountains, huges deeps they face you everywhere - and it's truely magnificent.

I can onley begin to imagine how this place is in dry and clear wheater...a must do if you are in Tagaytay.
People's Park In The Sky.
View to Taal Lake and volcano.
The palace remains unfinshed.
People's Park In The Sky.

Related Travel Blogs About People's Park In The Sky

Experiencing Taal's Charm
Summer is here! And I haven't done anything to enjoy it - no beach trips, no Baguio or Sagada climb. . . my summer is simply a drag! To break the monotony, I compulsively asked 2 of my friends to g…Tagaytay. We visited People's Park or Palace in the Sky. The place is in ruins but the picturesque 360-degree…

Check Tagaytay Hotel Deals